Interstellar (2014)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that's the biggest problem for me when it comes to Arrival and Interstellar. I don't have kids so the endings angered me far more than they should have. I've said it before in these threads just not a big fan of the time travel aspects regarding the past.

I don't have kids either yet I cried like a little bitch during the remote videos scene. Maybe McC act was perfect, that absolute despair when you see your kids lives rolling in front of you, them missing you, loathing your unkept promise and trying to keep their forsaken lives on. I don't know, as most people I feel the ending was subpar regarding the whole movie, but Interstellat has so epic scenes any Matt Damon couldn't ruin.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They somewhat address that with talk about how the son will be alright without him, but yeah, that's definitely one father that doesn't believe in loving his kids equally. I guess one could argue that when he saw that he got married and had a kid, that he did alright and didn't need worrying about, and Murph flipping her shit about him leaving + the pissed off video would demand his focus. But without the son never really being brought up at all in the last bits, and with how over-the-top his actions were in the last act made the character feel like a punching bag for the father and daughter dynamic.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The son is taught to be stoic, he sacrifices his own dreams to run the family farm as it is what society needs him to do, as an adult he's portrayed as an asshole hick and then he's forgotten about completely by everyone.

Honestly he should have been written out of the story completely. He's entirely vestigal and just adds this little ugly undercurrent to an otherwise decent film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
interstellar is just a meme
e282054526286791c7a782cf04139f49.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I keep watching this movie (And Fury & Thor: Ragnarok) any time I want to watch something. I don't think I started liking this one until the 3rd time through, but it's great.

Yea, the ending overall is pretty damn meh, but this part gets me every time:

And this is the best scene in the movie, heavily aided by the soundtrack -
Doing annual watch of this movie. Keeps getting better with every rewatch. That scene is probably one of my favorites in all of filmaking.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
We didn’t need to know just how much you two love docking.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users