Interview with the Vampire remake

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Boo, I love the original.

1. River Phoenix was going to play the role of the interviewer until he OD'd. Christian Slater did the job for basically nothing.
2. The cover of Sympathy for the Devil was the final straw for Guns and Roses. Axel didn't like Slash's guitar work, sent him a memo to rerecord it more like the Keith Richard's version and when he didn't Axel just got another dude to record the track instead. That's how fucking stupid Axel Rose was at the end there.
3. Tom Cruise gives one of his best performances ever as Lestat. Anne Rice hated the casting initially but upon seeing the film did nothing but praise Cruise.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird, last time I heard anything about any of this stuff it was talks about Cruise coming back to play Lestat years ago

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...es-new-lestat/

I really loved the original. Don't really see the need for a remake. But it will be a mix of IwtV and The Vampire Lestat.
I really love these books up to and including Memnoch the Devil. I really loved her take on heaven/hell in Memnoch. Combining them is a recipe for disaster especially since the first three books are just perfect on their own. Tale is where the series starts to veer off course.

I hope HBO or somebody picks up the Witch books for a series instead of movies.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Hoping they are remaking just so they can have a consistent cast through the rest of the movies they never got to. Loved this series in book form, but Queen of the Damned the movie was a total shitshow. Early rumor is they want Jared Leto for Lestat.

Column_sl

shitlord
I read the series a longggg time ago,and really only liked the first one. The rest just devolved into trash even the Lestat book.

I thought the movie was a pretty good vision of that first book, but I could see a remake if it was handled like "Let me In", and not some flashy Hollywood mess.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Leto actually has decent acting chops and I could see him performing well in the role. I think him getting it or not is going to depend a lot on the reception of Suicide Squad and what sort of notoriety comes out of that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As far remake goes, this is ok with me. Simply because I hope we get the first three books. Interview was great and as a stand alone doesn't need a remake, but we never really get to see the rest, and that kinda sucks.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hoping they are remaking just so they can have a consistent cast through the rest of the movies they never got to. Loved this series in book form, but Queen of the Damned the movie was a total shitshow. Early rumor is they want Jared Leto for Lestat.
I just watched that. Now I will concur that it is goth schlock. But God damn, it is the highest quality goth schlock that you will EVER see. As a movie it was obviously aimed at the twilight crowd (before the twilight crowd existed) but I dunno how you watch Queen and don't come away with a giant goth boner.

My one true complaint with the movie is that it should have been set in the early 80s rather than the mid 90s. That way they could have used Bauhaus. But Bauhaus was probably too expensive anyway.

The effects were cheesy as shit, but some of the visuals in Queen outstripe Interview. And that's what goth is, really. It's just an aesthetic. They completely nailed it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The books were good until the males started going around sticking it up each other's asses.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally! I like my vampires that crisp in the sun. No more sparkling Hollywood vampires!

Rime

<Donor>
Finally! I like my vampires that crisp in the sun. No more sparkling Hollywood vampires!
Until you drink the blood of the ancients and you become so powerful that you sparkle like marble flecked with gold and the sun no longer kills you, it just causes really harsh sunburns that heal in a day or two and leave you with a bitching tan.