Invasion

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This show is "What if we had War of the Worlds only this time we follow the point of view of the dullest and most clueless people on the planet... and also some Japanese genius lesbian"

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit happened this week but it was still all bad. At the rate they are going it will take a hundred episodes to finish any semblance of a story.

Maul

Dental Dammer
This show is "What if we had War of the Worlds only this time we follow the point of view of the dullest and most clueless people on the planet... and also some Japanese genius lesbian"
At least shes hot

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished it so minor spoilers.

So the kid could talk to the aliens, the Japanese lady could too, and the other lady had artifact that killed them. Then ... we just nuked them? The end.

Moral of the story - just nuke them from the start?

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Dear God why? Are there family members being held hostage? Do we need Liam Neeson to deal with this?

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Dear God why? Are there family members being held hostage? Do we need Liam Neeson to deal with this?

“I’m profoundly grateful to Apple for being so supportive every step of the way, and trusting us to make a deeply human, emotional alien-invasion story. And most of all I’m thankful to our amazing fans, without whom we wouldn’t have this opportunity to continue the invasion. I’m super excited about what we’re planning for season two, expanding our universe in the most intimate and epic ways” said Kinberg.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calling it now. We’re going to learn that the alien invaders were only trying to free our stunning and brave cast of diverse peoples of color from the racist oppression of rich evil white men, and the alien remnant will be joining forces with the marginalized humans to prevent an even more evil white patriarchal system of oppression from taking hold on the post-invasion Earth.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They established weird things were going on, that the weird things were because of the aliens, located the source of an alien transmission, and nuked it. Huzzah, Earth wins! Except for that giant mothership that’s in orbit and throwing off the polarity of the Earth. There, I saved you from wasting 10 hours of your life.

This entire season could have been a solid two-part opener to a decent show, but instead they stretched it out over 10 tedious episodes.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I might have missed something, but was there a reason the redneck militia were trying to kill them? They seemed inexplicably hostile for people in the middle of an alien invasion - I mean, even if you reeeeeeaaaaaalllly hate immigrants, hunting them through alien infected woods seems like a tragically stupid idea.

Also the end episode of this was painfully dull.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m probably only one of 4 people actually watching this. This thread bump is offered more as a caution to any unsuspecting soul that may stumble across this on Apply+ and warn them away.

This is terrible. The only interesting plot line is the lesbian Japanese NASA chick and that’s only because it somewhat deals directly with the aliens and sci fi aspect of the show. But the additional characters they’ve introduced around her are hilariously poorly written cliches. She’s such a Mary Sue or whatever you call it. Pretty sure last episode she had a hat trick of suddenly solving mysteries that no one in the history has ever figured out about the aliens. Lazy.

The other plot lines are just bottom of the barrel crap. The wife and kids continue to stumble from implausible situation to implausible situation. She is either the single luckiest or unluckiest person in the world and her kids are standard annoying, stupid, kids. Her husband was lucky to be killed in Season 1 so as to not continue to put up with her. At least he had a hot side piece.

The black military guy is still making his way through life by yelling at people and being condescending. He lands in small town prison, racist whites of course, that just happens to have an unappreciated sassy black secretary who know exactly what is going on but those damn white racist sheriffs just won’t listen to her! So now they’re BFF.

The kids side story is actually shaping up to be decent as well and probably makes for a stronger series than anything else in this crap hole of a show.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I am still watching but I like dumpster fires.

Aliens land on planet, start mass murdering people. Meanwhile small hick towns still locking people up for trespassing. Oooooooook then!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed the first season a lot, and I can't get into the second. I've tried and I'm just not interested.

spronk

FPS noob
i just started watching season 2, completely skipping season 1. kinda obviously lost a bit when it comes to characters and plot but its fairly simple and basic, Falling Skies 2023 basically.

Its not good, its not terrible, some interesting stuff, lots of stuff easy to fast forward through. Good thing to watch while playing a grindy video game basically

Its funny if you search for invasion on twitter its just videos and posts of mexicans crossing the border lol

i don't really understand the world AT ALL, i don't get how power is functioning, who is making food and clothes and really anything, why the fuck the internet is working, where oil/gas is coming from, how most people aren't freezing and starving, etc. Feels like the show wants to ignore post apocalyptic stuff and try to make a show about how people of the world can work together to solve problems lol

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think it is one of the more realistic alien invasion shows. All the white leaders were killed right away and the fate of humanity rests with a black woman. Legit strat.

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i just started watching season 2, completely skipping season 1. kinda obviously lost a bit when it comes to characters and plot but its fairly simple and basic, Falling Skies 2023 basically.

Its not good, its not terrible, some interesting stuff, lots of stuff easy to fast forward through. Good thing to watch while playing a grindy video game basically

Its funny if you search for invasion on twitter its just videos and posts of mexicans crossing the border lol

i don't really understand the world AT ALL, i don't get how power is functioning, who is making food and clothes and really anything, why the fuck the internet is working, where oil/gas is coming from, how most people aren't freezing and starving, etc. Feels like the show wants to ignore post apocalyptic stuff and try to make a show about how people of the world can work together to solve problems lol

I guess there are the localized areas where the aliens are running amok and murdering, but I haven’t had the impression there’s a post apocalyptic thing going on, for whatever reason. The aliens seem content to just skitter about and not totally obliterate everyone. It doesn’t make much sense. I’m sure there will be some plot about how they’re a distributed intelligence and don’t understand individuality so no big deal killing all the humans bc they really just wanna scissor with Gaia.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to watch this because not much to watch right now. The two seasons could have just been one season and it would be better. I just kinda laughed because shooting a ton of nukes in the atmosphere would be disastrous. Plus 7 city size ships falling to earth would fuck it up beyond recognition. Shit like that makes me laugh.