Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Apple buying Rivian would be a giant turd acquisition imo. Unless they turned the oval headlights into apples, that would be pretty tight.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We just got the contract to build the upper IP for Rivian R2. Which includes the top plastic part, the air bag chute all wrapped in a "green skin" and the deco parts are foamed then wrapped. We learned that the air bag is not attached to the cross car beam, just hanging there off the IP top vibration welded on, just like their R1 design which failed miserably. Our engineering departments keep telling them the air bag needs to be attached to the cross car beam so it absorbs some of the huge forces when the shit explodes, lol.

Imagine a 2 kg air bag just hanging off the IP top in some arizona sun baking the shit for a few hours, I wonder if that thing would sag? (Yes it would, lol)

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bought a bunch and flipped it for profit a few months back if you remember.

Waiting for a solid reentry around $7

You know, I don't remember the last time you bought and flipped a stock.

I'm thinking about putting your SP membership up for reconsideration at the next morning trading session

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thougt Rivan was doing very bad. Maybe that was last months news. Haven't kept up with them much after they got caught using an electric cord to power the vehicle during a demonstration.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I saw a Lucid Air on the road today. Looked pretty slick honestly. What does this have to do with anything being discussed?

Nothing. I just wanted to tell you all about my day.
I saw one too, there are a few around my area. *high five*
We just got the contract to build the upper IP for Rivian R2. Which includes the top plastic part, the air bag chute all wrapped in a "green skin" and the deco parts are foamed then wrapped. We learned that the air bag is not attached to the cross car beam, just hanging there off the IP top vibration welded on, just like their R1 design which failed miserably. Our engineering departments keep telling them the air bag needs to be attached to the cross car beam so it absorbs some of the huge forces when the shit explodes, lol.

Imagine a 2 kg air bag just hanging off the IP top in some arizona sun baking the shit for a few hours, I wonder if that thing would sag? (Yes it would, lol)
Is that for the passenger side?