Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, De-SPAC SPIR was 100% shorted and had a 93% redemption rate so the float was miniscule and primed for a squeeze.
+26% in the pre-market and broke over $13 for a few minutes from a close of $9.76. They also just got awarded another NOAA contract and are buying a Canadian data company. I like this company a lot long term.

1631797500171.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR touching $28. The train is picking up steam.

Broke $28. +68% since the May low.

1631800424499.png

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, De-SPAC SPIR was 100% shorted and had a 93% redemption rate so the float was miniscule and primed for a squeeze.
+26% in the pre-market and broke over $13 for a few minutes from a close of $9.76. They also just got awarded another NOAA contract and are buying a Canadian data company. I like this company a lot long term.

View attachment 372934
SPIR with the early headfake lower and now the options are driving it higher. It hit $12.48 a few seconds ago.

edit: $12.60 now. +30%. I wrote covered calls on my shares for $1 premium on the Oct expiry and $16 strike.
$12.80

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
SLV taking a beating, gold as well but to a lesser extent. SLV just can't get out of this bearish configuration.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
S&P is holding just above the pivot point. Market attitude will make a rather rapid adjustment if we break yesterday lows

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
At the money?
Not sure if you are asking me why or what that means. I'll go with definition. Means the strike (agreed upon buy price) matches the current trading price. The SLV strike was $21 the GDX strike was $30 so GDX was a little out of the money

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What about triple witching tomorrow?

Well we have been in a pattern where weakness each month peaks right around this period. That could prove true again but the fact we are on this pivot it could mark the beginning of a longer weakness streak than we have seen in many months. Let's get through today. Because it will screw more , or at least make decisions harder we may not get our answer to until tomorrow under increased volume and volatility.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, I've seen the same monthly options expiry weakness. This time feels different with the market action of the last week.

I feel lunch chop coming on. Perhaps more direction (or continued indecision) into power hour today.

Tomorrow will be the real test going into the weekend.

Also hard not to look at WYNN for a starter position around here ($83.xx), but broader market has me on the sidelines.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Not sure if you are asking me why or what that means. I'll go with definition. Means the strike (agreed upon buy price) matches the current trading price. The SLV strike was $21 the GDX strike was $30 so GDX was a little out of the money

Your assumption of maximum ignorance was correct!

Lolol

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
MTTR still in beast mode, what market weakness?. It's a buy it and forget about it name. Could easily 10x with increased adoption/use

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well we have been in a pattern where weakness each month peaks right around this period. That could prove true again but the fact we are on this pivot it could mark the beginning of a longer weakness streak than we have seen in many months. Let's get through today. Because it will screw more , or at least make decisions harder we may not get our answer to until tomorrow under increased volume and volatility.
I know you and Jysin Jysin tend to focus on the SPY and QQQ for market substitutes (rightly so), but here is FTEC with the lack of big Comm and AMZN. Looks like about 1.5% above the 50 DMA with about 5% more down to the 100 DMA. Looking backwards to 3/2020 it looks like the 3/2021 and 5/2021 dips were replicated in 8/2021 and 9/2021 just much more shallow. Could be externalities could have limited those dips.

1631806808909.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Let me add on to that post above things like MSFT announcing a $60 BILLION dollar share buy back is going to heavily influence the market due to its market cap. Im sure other Mega caps will be following in line with this.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
F just ripped a U-turn on today's losses with this little gem hitting the terminal..

Ford to boost F-150 Lightning production capacity to 80,000 per year
REUTERS 11:30 AM ET 9/16/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
F 13.3973down +0.1773 (+1.3411%)
QUOTES AS OF 11:52:45 AM ET 09/16/2021
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co(F) said on Thursday it would boost its F-150 Lightning production capacity to 80,000 per year due to strong demand for the electric pickup truck, adding that the vehicle would go on sale next spring.

The U.S. automaker said it would invest $250 million and add 450 hourly jobs across three Michigan facilities to lift production, having already garnered more than 150,000 reservations for the truck to date.

"The interest from the public has surpassed our highest expectations," Executive Chairman Bill Ford said in a statement.

Ford's move, confirming a Reuters report last month, comes even as Industry observers question whether individual buyers will give up their gas-powered pickups for electric models.

The Lightning is an electric version of Ford's best-selling gas-powered F-150 truck, whose popularity has made it the subject of some songs.

Reuters had reported the automaker was targeting annual production of more than 80,000 Lightning pickup trucks in 2024, up from its prior target of more than 40,000.

Ford and other global automakers are racing to shift their gasoline-powered lineups to all-electric power under pressure from regions like Europe and China to cut vehicle emissions. U.S. President Joe Biden has called for billions to boost U.S. EV production, sales and infrastructure.

In May, Ford outlined plans to boost its spending on electrification by 2030 by more than a third to over $30 billion. (Reporting by Abhijith Ganapavaram in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Conversely, if we start a downward trend, those mega cap sells will also swing the indexes. Under the surface it seems a lot of bigger names have kept things afloat. Under the surface, we have had a lot of corrections in individual names with lesser weighting. I don't want to have too many chips on the table at this precarious market point, where it seems we are teetering in either direction.

Upside potential vs downside risk.

• 1Like