Investing General Discussion

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Asians love their gambling. My wife's grandmother would recruit her to hustle the card games at the assisted living community :D

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
is Wynn going to take another hit due to the $1.5B LOC? multiple downgrades of target and to hold, but I guess if you are in it long term it's only a chance to add pending if the stickiness of any policy

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You know the market wonks are getting desperate when they roll out the ole "synchronized global growth" term that I heard on Bloomberg TV this morning.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
is Wynn going to take another hit due to the $1.5B LOC? multiple downgrades of target and to hold, but I guess if you are in it long term it's only a chance to add pending if the stickiness of any policy
Here is a 2-year chart. The red line i drew (poorly) is where the stock is now. Consider those lows are with zero revenue globally. Zero. Macao isn't being shut down, the CCP is just proposing "being more involved". I would say that at absolute worst, that $70-$74 range is sustainable just on US revenue alone. Cramer tagged the share price at $85+ with zero Macao revenue. IF you have a cost basis of $120+ then you are probably fucked for a while. If you don't have a position or are in sub-$100 cost basis then I think its an investment. ITs gonna be choppy for a while but at worst I see no more than another 10% drop to a floor. More likely scenario the floor is in here in the low/mid 80's for the time being. I have been trying to add at $82 the last couple of days and it hasn't dropped low enough. I dont think the downgrades matter much because the people who would sell on those downgrades have probably already sold.

1631882820481.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
To add one more item about WYNN - They are really pushing out the sports betting shit in the US. Think they teamed up with Penn or DKings or whoever it was recently and now this. Macao isn't the only news about WYNN playing out.

BRIEF-WynnBET, Indianapolis Colts Report New Multi-Year Partnership
REUTERS 9:02 AM ET 9/17/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
WYNN 84.37down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 09/16/2021
Sept 17 (Reuters) - Wynn Resorts Ltd(WYNN):

* WYNNBET, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ANNOUNCE NEW MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Notable open interest changes for September 17th (TheFlyOnTheWall)
THE FLY 8:55 AM ET 9/17/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
PLTR 28.63up 0 (0%)
AAPL 148.79down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 09/16/2021
Thursday's total option volume of 35.7 million contracts resulted in net open interest growth of 3.06 million calls and 3.27 million puts. Palantir Technologies(PLTR) , Tesla (TSLA), Apple(AAPL) and Ford (F) saw the greatest growth. Top five new positions opened include 38k New Oriental Education (EDU) Oct-21 2 puts, 25k Apple(AAPL) Oct-21 150 puts, 25k Energy Transfer (ET) Jan-22 10 calls, 25k Apple(AAPL) Oct-21 150 calls and 23k Palantir Technologies(PLTR) Sep-21 29 calls.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Financial markets appear vulnerable to what could be an extreme move in either direction, according to Paul Gambles, co-founder of investment advisory firm MBMG Group.

As a result, Gambles said investors should consider sitting on the sidelines and build up their cash positions significantly.

His comments come as market participants remain cautious given a flurry of risks on the horizon. These include fears of rising inflation, persistent concerns about the economic outlook amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, supply shortages and valuation concerns.

Some investors are also wary of the possible implications of China’s indebted property firm Evergrande, which is on the brink of default.

“Our advice is just be a little bit cautious. We think that the market is very finely poised waiting for what potentially could be a very, very big move,” Gambles told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Europe” on Friday.

“We’ve got no idea which direction that could be; I realize that doesn’t sound helpful, but frankly there are just so many unanswered questions out there right now,” he continued. “Until we start to get answers to those, our advice is actually unless you can really afford to take what could be a pretty big hit, and possibly even a permanent hit, then it is better to just sit on the sidelines.”

‘It’s a coin flip’
Gambles said MBMG Group, which says it has over $1.5 billion assets under advice, has looked to raise cash levels “quite dramatically” of late, warning market risk had “suddenly gone up and off the scale” compared to just one month ago.

Gold and gold miners were “one of the best ways to hedge risk” for the moment, he added, suggesting there was also still some value in Treasuries.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Financial markets appear vulnerable to what could be an extreme move in either direction, according to Paul Gambles, co-founder of investment advisory firm MBMG Group.

As a result, Gambles said investors should consider sitting on the sidelines and build up their cash positions significantly.

His comments come as market participants remain cautious given a flurry of risks on the horizon. These include fears of rising inflation, persistent concerns about the economic outlook amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, supply shortages and valuation concerns.

Some investors are also wary of the possible implications of China’s indebted property firm Evergrande, which is on the brink of default.

“Our advice is just be a little bit cautious. We think that the market is very finely poised waiting for what potentially could be a very, very big move,” Gambles told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Europe” on Friday.

“We’ve got no idea which direction that could be; I realize that doesn’t sound helpful, but frankly there are just so many unanswered questions out there right now,” he continued. “Until we start to get answers to those, our advice is actually unless you can really afford to take what could be a pretty big hit, and possibly even a permanent hit, then it is better to just sit on the sidelines.”

‘It’s a coin flip’
Gambles said MBMG Group, which says it has over $1.5 billion assets under advice, has looked to raise cash levels “quite dramatically” of late, warning market risk had “suddenly gone up and off the scale” compared to just one month ago.

Gold and gold miners were “one of the best ways to hedge risk” for the moment, he added, suggesting there was also still some value in Treasuries.
IT COULD GO UP OR DOWN SO BE CAREFUL.

Retarded.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not buying jack right now, unless Cramer says.
I take input from a ton of sources, but ultimately I make my own choices.

DE is down 13.5% from its high and we still dont have an infrastructure bill anytime soon. I like $17 per share earnings.

1631888111664.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hoping for a correction, so I can swoop in and eat everything. Also, looking for shorting opportunities.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is probably the biggest thing everyone should be playing right now. And not because it wont get settled (it ALWAYS gets settled), but because the market ALWAYS over-reacts to it.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is probably the biggest thing everyone should be playing right now. And not because it wont get settled (it ALWAYS gets settled), but because the market ALWAYS over-reacts to it.

Yeah, they’ll push it til the last minute so the market will panic for a couple weeks and it’ll go red. Then miraculously they’ll raise it and it’s to the moon.