Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There won't be a default. There may be a shutdown of some Fed services and jobs but it gets resolved before default.
I dont think they will default either but theres definitely going to be some grand standing and thats enough to scare some people.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am hoping the market panics so I can load up more quality names.

Emotional / quickly oversold names provide the best opportunity for solid entries.

My gut says that anything taper related has been priced in. They've been very openly stating their intent. They've also said rates increases will not have any link with the taper. I am expecting a more neutral tone on rates. ("Awaiting measures of solid footing / put pandemic behind us"). They can use delta variant the last months to just simply keep to the rate hike plan.

I could be comepletely wrong.. and this is why I position for either outcome. Happy to take a pop and gains, but have like 60+% cash on hand for bad news and add into strong names lower.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont think they will default either but theres definitely going to be some grand standing and thats enough to scare some people.
So basically the same bs that happens every time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just sold my NCLH calls when it briefly got over 26, figured with the choppyness and fed meeting coming in, profit is profit, got about 15% out of it.
Not a bad plan. NCLH chart has been similar to DAL. Trade the range. Buy into support on weakness, sell in strength into overhead resistance. If we get the big break above, you can always buy in (flush with profits from earlier range trades) for the bigger move.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just closed out all the puts I wrote on Friday's "crash". Varied between 25% and 60% profits. Don't want to be a hog ahead of the Fed minutes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What’s up with FTEC today? It’s not showing my values. It shows I still own it but it’s all fucky.

EB5C9571-93C6-4D95-8B7E-E0CB5AD8A787.jpeg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
When I first read this I honestly thought it was some snarky way of saying you lost money trading Walmart stonks.
That would have been preferable. They want me to go back in there today to talk to them (ie try to get me to sign things) Kind of annoying, not the kind of person who would make a claim against them just annoying that companies don't just do the right thing and be like hey sorry our negligence caused this here is a gift card. They know they are wrong so they are going to act all paranoid with me, instead of just making an effort to make it right in some fashion. If I spilled something on someone's shirt, I'd offer to buy them a new one. If I hurt someone I'd ask them what I can do to make it right. Apologies for the off topic.

From 2pm until the news conference ends be mindful the market could do all sorts of fake outs from straight up to straight down. I actually don't expect anything dramatic as there shouldn't be any surprises, of course we don't expect surprises that's why they are surprises. Just seems really unlikely, Powell is such a ridiculous dove.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That would have been preferable. They want me to go back in there today to talk to them (ie try to get me to sign things) Kind of annoying, not the kind of person who would make a claim against them just annoying that companies don't just do the right thing and be like hey sorry our negligence caused this here is a gift card. They know they are wrong so they are going to act all paranoid with me, instead of just making an effort to make it right in some fashion. If I spilled something on someone's shirt, I'd offer to buy them a new one. If I hurt someone I'd ask them what I can do to make it right. Apologies for the off topic.
Im gonna guess this is to scare away the slip n fall scammers. Company as big as walmart id imagine they have clear policy on how to deal with this stuff.

• 1Like