Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting factoid that may only interest me. In the last 2 years, AAPL has only been under its 100-DMA three times. Once was the Coronachan crash last March and the other two periods was the Tech chop we went through this spring. It only went below its 200-DMA once (Coronachan March). Technically it ended below for one day in June so I guess its twice, not once but that was a one day bounce.

1632487865741.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Invest opposite of his advice

cramer is so cringe - too much persona makes him an easy target
Cramer is cringe, but even a monkey can do good in the stock market. Betting against him is probably just as silly a strategy as going with everything he suggests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck yeah.

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes , I need to actually do better at exiting and entering at lower points. I almost never ever do it because I have no problem riding it out for years and I don't have so much time to analyze stuff for long periods. As much as I would like to.

I am cognizant enough to recognize that when the market is deep red I start buying shit. Especially primo stocks that hit around their 52 week low.
The trick I am still trying to teach myself is when is a stock down because of <stuff> and when is a stock down because it has developed a fundamental negative change. I will ride out the former but try to sell on the latter. Using my BABA example, I rode it down until I saw what I perceived as a definitive shift in the CCP in terms of businesses and their running of the country. I used to just stick to a strict 10% down is a sell to cut my losses short, but that rule I found was costing my money because sometimes I would be selling on noise and then miss a nice recovery when the noise abated.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cramer is cringe, but even a monkey can do good in the stock market. Betting against him is probably just as silly a strategy as going with everything he suggests.
You have obviously never heard of Dennis Gartman. The contra-Gartman strategy was a 100% winning investing strategy.

1632488473708.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The trick I am still trying to teach myself is when is a stock down because of <stuff> and when is a stock down because it has developed a fundamental negative change. I will ride out the former but try to sell on the latter. Using my BABA example, I rode it down until I saw what I perceived as a definitive shift in the CCP in terms of businesses and their running of the country. I used to just stick to a strict 10% down is a sell to cut my losses short, but that rule I found was costing my money because sometimes I would be selling on noise and then miss a nice recovery when the noise abated.
Many of us got screwed on BABA. I bought the dip on that for six months.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Since we were on a Cramer kick yesterday I decided to look at the stocks I bought based on his portfolio and research.

F +7.5% (plus I made some cash off writing puts)
MA +1.4%
NUE +2.9%
UNP (-3.7%)
WYNN (-6.5%) of note I was up almost 20% before the CCP fuckery the other week with this one.

Take it for what you will.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
These travel plays are starting to rip with the covid decline. 2-3% a day now.

• 1Tendies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We aren't quite there yet, but DAL just tapped nearly to the penny a convergence of decending macro trend line resistance and the long established ~41.72 pivot.

This will take some news catalyst and volume to break out, but keep this name on watch. A clear break and hold of this level will likely trigger a nice swing trade opportunity. We have a clear decline in covid infections as well as US just reopening the doors to the UK (and some others) tourism. We have plenty of reasons for a breakout, but need some alignment with overall market sentiment.

I am super cautious buying breakouts in this market. The play for me has been accumulating the lower channel resistance over the last month(s).

Keep an eye on this one. It has room to run provided some stars align.

View attachment 373851View attachment 373850

These two really found their footing.

NCLH in particular has cleared a longstanding ~26.4 pivot, 100D, and 200D resistances. Short of some new covid dramas / politics / macro market events, this should be back over $30 soon.
Like I am fucking Nostradamus or something.

Short of external macro market issues, these should just be getting started.

• 1Like