Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WYNN rejecting the $86 gap pivot today. Making an inverted hammer candle on the daily isn't fun. "Pay"tience pays.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What is that, the fourth time they have banned crypto?

Lolol
It’s how China works. The place is too corrupt to ban anything, but they definitely can make sure anyone who wants to look legitimate keeps their distance officially.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
and.... we're green.

1632513170164.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I'm holding ual over the weekend instead of taking my profits and running. Almost closed at $49.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like I'm holding ual over the weekend instead of taking my profits and running. Almost closed at $49.
So we can probably expect a gap up on Monday AM? Because I see the airlines didn't sell off. They didn't close their positions before the weekend...which means they think the airlines will run again on Monday.

I don't know if I need to get back in, or wait. I sold 94% of my position today.

I'll just chill and not try to read too much into it. Because I've reopened positions on stocks that didn't sell off and got hammered Monday AM.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So we can probably expect a gap up on Monday AM? Because I see the airlines didn't sell off. They didn't close their positions before the weekend...which means they think the airlines will run again on Monday.

I don't know if I need to get back in, or wait. I sold 94% of my position today.

I'll just chill and not try to read too much into it. Because I've reopened positions on stocks that didn't sell off and got hammered Monday AM.
Strong day for them considering market was negative for half of it and closed barely positive.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, reviewing my day trading week, I made roughly 5k in 5 days (ten hours of trading time). I didn't count the numbers exactly from shorting from the selloff, so that's a rough number, that day was a blur.

Reviewing the tape, it's not pretty. Hindsight is 20/20, right? I totally changed my style up, instead of scalping, I let the companies run. Problem is, I could've scalped the range and made more money. But I was in mostly travel stocks, and I was worried the stocks would break through resistance, and they did eventually. Except I could've played the bounce more.

Earlier in the week, I was shorting TSLA, SPY and QQQ during the selloff. But its been all JETS ever since.

Somehow, I just started trading with 100k a trade. I thought I'd never get to this, but there is no emotion any more. When I was swing trading everything, I ran 1M trades and I think it desensitized me.

I'll take the 5k this week. This is all just a side gig for me, I have a business to run. I'm not trying to make millions, my business is doing well. I just want a sustainable side income not dependent on employees. Honestly, if I can make 300 a day, I'm good for now. Eventually, as I'm sure I'm good, I'll move more cash to my trading account. I'm sitting on way too much cash, and that's not good. Most business owners pull out every penny of working capital, and here I am sitting with six months' working cap, when I need two.

Its not about having big huge days, its about being consistent. 1 in 5 days, I used to blow up my trading account...now its a 300 loss instead of a 1,500.

Definitely learning to be more fluid, the books Jysin recommended to me are priceless.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nasdaq looks to be red at the open with DOW and S&P marginally red/green. Electrical shortages in China impacting AAPL production which is what's driving AAPL down today. And where goes AAPL, so goes the NASDAQ and S&P.

Look for weakness in TSLA as Rivian rolled off the assembly line its first customer ordered pickup truck this weekend.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What did I just read?
Bunch of big trades that aren’t public. So you can see a huge trade went down on certain tickers but no idea if it was a buy or sell. Basically worthless to us, it just gives you a heads up to watch those tickers to see what happens on the open, if you care about huge trades and their implications.

I don’t pay attention to them at all but I’m not a very active trader. May be useful to active people, idk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bunch of big trades that aren’t public. So you can see a huge trade went down on certain tickers but no idea if it was a buy or sell. Basically worthless to us, it just gives you a heads up to watch those tickers to see what happens on the open, if you care about huge trades and their implications.

I don’t pay attention to them at all but I’m not a very active trader. May be useful to active people, idk.
Its ironic that there is supposed to be transparency in the market for all investors and yet dark pool trades are legal.