Investing General Discussion

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1633448363865.png

1633448398360.png

1633448459158.png

1633448481354.png

1633448527286.png

In other news, seeing Facebook jump $3/share every time "morally bankrupt" was mentioned was pretty funny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Don't do that. I had 60k in BTNX at 50 and a year later it went to 400. At the time, no one was saying it would go much higher. So yeah, would have had 500k if I'd sat on it for a year.

You'll go crazy thinking about trades you didn't make, or ended early. Literally, they'll be taking sizes for your straight jacket.

When you motherfuckers get a time machine, I need to borrow it just a few minutes.
I call mine the "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda Files."

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
In other news, seeing Facebook jump $3/share every time "morally bankrupt" was mentioned was pretty funny.
My short isn't going very well. Somehow, this is positive news. She just said FB knows its promoting hate and suicidal thoughts, but will not let up the slightest lowering of engagements to do it, even hundredths of a percent.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My short isn't going very well. Somehow, this is positive news. She just said FB knows its promoting hate and suicidal thoughts, but will not let up the slightest lowering of engagements to do it, even hundredths of a percent.
Thats why I just took the L and said fuck it... Took the loss even tho I held through this run up far too long. I cant fight the tide here even if it makes no sense.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thats why I just took the L and said fuck it... Took the loss even tho I held through this run up far too long. I cant fight the tide here even if it makes no sense.
Yup, I switched from the QQQs, where I was making money, to this. I made instant money on FB and then they started buying it up as they said Zuck knew he was killing kids, but wouldn't give up a hundredth of a percent of engagement. Closed the short for a loss of 370. 110 gain on the QQQ. Done for the day.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
CNBC saying the average wage of their workers is 125k/year? I call bullshit or I am in the wrong line of work, as are the majority of people with bachelors degrees.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Average is not the same as median.

You can have one hundred employees making 50k and one C suite making 5mil per year.

The "average" salary of those 101 people is now ~$99k.

• 2Like
  • 1Triggered
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bit of a sell into the close. Kind of expected profit taking. Would have been nice to hold the 100D on the SPY and QQQ, but not quite yet.

Setting up for an interesting rest of week. Per my charts, clearing ~436 SPY (and holding) would likely push this market higher. Conversely, we can still just blow out the lows and continue our quest for the 200D. We are in the mid-range chop here still waiting for direction.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone take that NFLX trade I mentioned at 575? I wish I took more of it. I'm actually getting a little nauseas that I didn't buy more. 10% profit in a few weeks.

I'm feeling quite distressed right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Futures looking like garbage. Clearly based off last week that means Wednesday is going to be great.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Closing a short position in the premarket. Reopened my short on FB, after the whistleblower told Congress to look for the secret files on kids and gave them the label. Not good for business.

It's better to be short than long right now.

FB 10-6.JPG

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was pretty dumbfounded this morning when I woke up and checked the market...

I take solace in the fact I didn't lose anywhere close to as much money as some people did yesterday.

1633519527087.png

1633519729686.png

Carbon Capture meme stock tanked when Benzinga links a tweet of someone going short claims the CFO isn't real.

Theres a rumbling of DATS being todays bombshell drop.

Last edited: