Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
my resolve is cracking with all this doom talk. Thinking of turning the 401k to cash. Its down a good 20 percent. Someone talk me into/out of it....
No. Selling at the lows is for noobs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures opened up about 1%. This is what we need. A few days of small consistent gains. Those big 5-8% gains just get sold for profit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

One day we will have a real short covering rally that will be incredible. But the bull is dead for awhile.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man Boeing is being ass raped.
Boeing's issues are company wide. The Max is just a symptom.

If not for the fact that they're the only major domestic manufacturer, they'd probably go bankrupt and the pieces would be sold off. Also, their federal contracts help.

But I wouldn't touch that company with any investments. I already don't like how much exposure I have with index funds. The company is a fucking dud.

• 3Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My crystal ball:
End of Summer -> lead up to election will see gains.
Trump reelection into infrastructure stimulus will see a strong 2021 & 2022.

I'm feeling real good about buying right now. The tiniest fraction of good news will give us some insane gains (see friday).
As soon as there's an inkling of hope that businesses will resume as normal, you're going to be too late to buy in.

I'm loving my $92 DIS and I liked someone pointing out X, got some this morning at $4.55, lowest they've ever been in their 100+ years.
Also picked up some XOM at $33 this morning.

Maybe it still goes lower, but even with a -3K DOW, DIS/X/XOM are up from those prices.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My crystal ball is that we'll see two weeks of relative calm in comparison to what we have seen as theirs mild optimism this shutdown will have an effect. After that, when the death curve starts to resolve around april and quarantines fail, market will start to panic.

I've been eyeing mid to late april as my buy back since january, and it's still where I'm looking.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ford at $5.00 a share. Crazy.
As bad as auto industry currently is, they're all dirty cheap. I'd be more concerned about Tesla than Ford. Tesla is entirely dependant on California and EU regulations, and it's very very hard to imagine that the current crisis won't shift from the "global warming" crisis to "all hands of deck" for the economy, and less money for fighting windmills. I've bought some Peugeot and Renault last week as they're basicaly free...

Pops

DFS. -9% after 26% shellacking yesterday. The domino's are falling far faster than 08. Thanks algo's.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On a green day, BA is down 17%. I at this point think there are only two outcomes for BA. They go into bankruptcy or they come out of this like a monster. I don't see any in-between. Its either 0$ or back to 400$.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My crystal ball is that we'll see two weeks of relative calm in comparison to what we have seen as theirs mild optimism this shutdown will have an effect. After that, when the death curve starts to resolve around april and quarantines fail, market will start to panic.

I've been eyeing mid to late april as my buy back since january, and it's still where I'm looking.

I think what will happen is people will get used the numbers, and start to realize that even big, scary numbers often don't have personal impacts we think they do. They will become numb to the panic and in a few weeks things will return to normal.

Then the supply chain issues will hit sometime after that as we realize we took a big old shit in the economic engine and the effect of the turd was just delayed. Bad quarterly reports will spook everyone again. Whether we go into a full recession after that is anyone's guess.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
numb to the panic and in a few weeks things will return to normal.

You don't understand human nature. People like to panic, and panic is contagious. The stock market is the market most tied to emotions.

It's the exact reasoning I gave when I predicted this crash hitting stocks first in january. Don't worry, the contagion will spread eventually, but for now the market is a fulcrum.