Investing General Discussion

Pops

The more things change the they remain the same Took 2 hours to process an order in 1987. They just made up prices at the end of the day in many OTC stocks. Fucking guy in my office swapped 1 miillion share block with his clients with a point . Fidelity isn't printing my open buys.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The more things change the they remain the same Took 2 hours to process an order in 1987. They just made up prices at the end of the day in many OTC stocks. Fucking guy in my office swapped 1 miillion share block with his clients with a point . Fidelity isn't printing my open buys.

That would be the market maker not Fidelity.

Liking that we didn't hit the 7% breaker just showing some degree of calming, and now bouncing off those lows. Some increasing confidence that the market wants to make a stand at this level at least for a little.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
For all you crazy single name risk takers, I like DocuSign (DOCU). I have used them on contracts several times and believed then they are going to continue to grow, now this crisis only improves their future outlook. I really wish it was getting hit harder than it has (Down from $92.55 to mid $60s). Just a very small 100 share play to have fun watching double in the next 3 yrs.

Pops

Liking that we didn't hit the 7% breaker just showing some degree of calming, and now bouncing off those lows. Some increasing confidence that the market wants to make a stand at this level at least for a little.

You don't have to teach me to suck eggs.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I feel like we're seeing all the mistakes of the great depression again. I'm starting to lean to a possibility of markets going below 10(!!!!)k and huge problems in the monetary system as a whole. What's going to really hurt is buying back in as stocks are tumbling. Long term your money will be safest in stocks, especially if you are a 15+ year investor. I am going to buy in well before that bottom though, because I see some scary stuff on the horizon if liquidity truly implodes, and I don't want my cash and bonds caught in that.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Didn't you tell us this was over in a couple months about 2 pages ago?

I predicted a 20% slide with a 4 year recovery window starting march back in january and have slowly worsened my outlook as things have gone.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like we're seeing all the mistakes of the great depression again. I'm starting to lean to a possibility of markets going below 10(!!!!)k and huge problems in the monetary system as a whole. What's going to really hurt is buying back in as stocks are tumbling. Long term your money will be safest in stocks, especially if you are a 15+ year investor. I am going to buy in well before that bottom though, because I see some scary stuff on the horizon if liquidity truly implodes, and I don't want my cash and bonds caught in that.

Sure, could happen. We are however at a logical stopping pt, credit spreads have blown out to the same level as 2011 and 2016. A level that is scary and things look like they are about to fall apart, and as those periods showed us they didn't. It's why calming right now is so critical. It's under stress, actions are being taken and it will hold if sufficient action is taken quickly enough. It certainly could fall apart and cascade and then we have a multiyear problem, but I continue to try to keep an open mind that our worst fears are not guaranteed outcomes and more often than not they are overblown.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
CI from $222 to $134 in a month. Some of these numbers are just crazy. I’m sure there’s worse out there, that’s just one I own. Sold most of it at $215 luckily. Pondering buying some back at these prices, it’s been one of my best.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
For all you crazy single name risk takers, I like DocuSign (DOCU). I have used them on contracts several times and believed then they are going to continue to grow, now this crisis only improves their future outlook. I really wish it was getting hit harder than it has (Down from $92.55 to mid $60s). Just a very small 100 share play to have fun watching double in the next 3 yrs.
Can confirm docusign works well for real estate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It works well for everything. It's made my life easier as a landlord as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
1584552421468.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not sure why a doodle of some ski trails on a mountain top is supposed to make me feel better.

That mountain isn't even that tall. 3,393 feet? Lame.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users