Investing General Discussion

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Rivian up 23% today, tack another $20b on to that. They’re going to be worth double Ford by tomorrow.

• 1Picard
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So with Evergrande no one knows Wtf is going on. That "default" yesterday might just be fud from activist investors.

Basically the defaulting originates from a single obscure German organization that holds a small amount of evergrande debt that they say they did not receive interest payments on;

Yeah this is common in agreements between firms across the street. There is a clause in every agreement regarding defaulting and if you give your counterparty notice that they have defaulted then you are telling everyone that they defaulted, even if they just missed a payment to you and not all of their other CPs. If it was a big boy people might care but no one gives a fuck who this random firm is, that is why no one is covering this.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah this is common in agreements between firms across the street. There is a clause in every agreement regarding defaulting and if you give your counterparty notice that they have defaulted then you are telling everyone that they defaulted, even if they just missed a payment to you and not all of their other CPs. If it was a big boy people might care but no one gives a fuck who this random firm is, that is why no one is covering this.
You aren't referring to Evergrande as a rando company no one cares about, are you?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe is he is referring to the DMSA bond holder who gave this notice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I feel bad. RIVN is sucking up all the /wsb money in the market and we are getting no movement on SPIR :mad: :mad:
Oh well. Yea I sold yesterday back when it was at .10 just lost 200 bucks no biggie. Honestly it was probably a smart play if it wasn't for RIVN truly. Looks like a good company honestly. May buy some stock in it.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1636728748066.png

1636728758877.png

1636728770815.png

I've been stalking AMD but I see
1636728806195.png

Were at upper end of the channel, following a major breakout above to 155.65, thinking the stock will copy its earlier breakout of the channel before another rise... but with the government shutdown bullshit on the way at the beginning of december I believe? Makes this a pretty shitty time if you only want things to go up.

1636729082642.png

Of course, AMD will get dragged down by NVDA just because... so maybe some short term plays in between now and december.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So gains/losses for the week are 498, 1,634, -1,300, 180 and 825. These were paper trades on TSLA, I'm all in on my swing trades and investment right now.

I've been doing really well with TSLA the last couple of weeks. But Elon Musk tweeting on the stock sale has made it more volatile than normal. It gets tough to make sure you have confirmation, and the software is confused. Furthermore, its been so volatile that the correct stop loss was 4% on the big loss day. And I was trying to trade while interviewing on the most volatile day in awhile for TSLA. Not a good combo. Anyway, I actually got stopped out, was down like 4,300 and then switched to get to -1,300. I learned a lot from this day and its going in the trading log with an exclamation point.

In general, I don't like trading anything higher than 6%, and this was at 7.5. When the stock is so volatile, that the correct stop loss, based on ATR is 4%, it means you can lose 4k on 100k on one trade and still be doing it right. Today, the 825 was made in about 30 minutes, because volatility was lower. Every trade today was 100%.

I learn more on my blow up days than I do where every trade is 100%. That day, those were correctable mistakes.

Attachments

• TSLA 11-12a.JPG
    TSLA 11-12a.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 3
  • TSLA 11-12b.JPG
    TSLA 11-12b.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I first started trading in February, I didn't know when to take a stop loss. This helped. And then eventually I got software that did it for me in real time, so I didn't have to fool with calculations.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
tldr version: one last surge in California and the tri-state area before its over. It will get somewhat worse everywhere as we enter Winter and people are indoors more. But covid should be just about done by January. He's been the most accurate forecaster on covid.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
PYPL up 3.5% or so today. Looks like that was indeed a nice dip to buy... so far!
I am in it pretty heavy so I'm hoping it keeps going but definitely not out of the woods yet. It is grossly oversold on the daily chart we have the large gap down above starting at 212. Bulls want to see this move towards 209-212 and then base there for a little bit which will show the nervous nillies that the selling is over and then it can start the real climb back up. If this plays out I expect it to get stuck around 240 it's at that point people will have to decide if they are in for the long haul or are just flipping as a trade.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I think we know how this all ends;