Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shorted TSLA today. I kept buying at the top so I figured Id try my hand at being a bear and so far so good!
Inquiring minds are asking. How is that short going?

1637075812735.png

• 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
^^ I've seen that chart ^^

But also show on that chart a comparative year with interest rates floored and something crazy like 50% of all money ever created was printed through 2020-2021.

I just don't think it is comparable.
Yes, but where is all that printed money going to go? If you can't buy stuff, buy stonks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While I think we are in unprecedented times, the reality is and this chart is pretty amazing because it's hard to find someone that actually knows bonds in the youtube era of bullshit.

Anytime inflation has soared, yields actually go down. I see yields actually taking a massive shit here in the next few months. Leading to a rally as Blazin alludes to constantly.

It's there in the charts, it happens, every fuckin time. Back in 2008 yields went up from like 4% to 4.8% and crashed down to 2.6% or so.

The more info I seek, the more info I find that completely goes against everything I assume about inflation.

While sentiment is low, its seems as fleeting as a womans emotional state.

View attachment 382633
Uh, yeah, no shit? Did you finally get around to taking an intro business course?

Everyone knows bond yields have an inverse relationship with inflation rates.

• 1Worf

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
I should get credit for eating this crow though too many traders like to post all their wins and conveniently forget about their losses.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bought some BITF, bitcoin miner, hoping to capitalize on the BTC dip and MARA taking a shit since it got subpoenaed

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TODAY?

JFC dude.
I sometimes feel like the professor who gives out a study guide on Friday with every answer to Monday's test questions and figure out on Monday no one looked at it over the weekend.

True story: I once actually did this as a graduate teaching assistant in a class I was teaching as an experiment. The median score for that test was in the high 70's.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
I sometimes feel like the professor who gives out a study guide on Friday with every answer to Monday's test questions and figure out on Monday no one looked at it over the weekend.

True story: I once actually did this as a graduate teaching assistant in a class I was teaching as an experiment. The median score for that test was in the high 70's.
I was a terrible student. But we both know you already knew this.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The fundamentals are not wrong but provides no insight to when the music might stop.
Very true, it goes back to you cant time the market. You have no idea what the catalyst is going to be to start the panic/selling.

At the end of the day though there are never free meals, that much is certain.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, yeah, no shit? Did you finally get around to taking an intro business course?

Everyone knows bond yields have an inverse relationship with inflation rates.
Zog Zog this seems a bit harsh in retrospect. Didn't mean to be an asshole, just more of a check on you that you thought you were coming to some grand conclusion, but it's really something taught in intro business school (undergrad).

• 1Like