Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought shares of DKNG here, starting with only 1/4 of what I would be comfortable with as a full position. **Not a high conviction buy so don't want 10 of you to run out and buy DKNG unless it works then I'll say told you so***

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I bought shares of DKNG here, starting with only 1/4 of what I would be comfortable with as a full position. **Not a high conviction buy so don't want 10 of you to run out and buy DKNG unless it works then I'll say told you so***
Not that I disagree with your technicals, whatever they are they're better than anything I could do, but aren't the fundamentals on Draftkings bad? Correct me if I'm wrong, I very well could be, but isn't their business model based heavily on the NFL and College Football fantasy leagues? My own read on both of those institutions is they are in for a rough future. The combination of wokeness pervading these 2 orgs which pisses off roughly 50% of the country, the concussion BS, and the horrible quality of the product on the field, wouldn't a business like Draftkings be caught in this downturn as well?

Or am I not seeing something or just misjudging the situation?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How the hell is Roblox worth $67 billion?

1637174372607.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not that I disagree with your technicals, whatever they are they're better than anything I could do, but aren't the fundamentals on Draftkings bad? Correct me if I'm wrong, I very well could be, but isn't their business model based heavily on the NFL and College Football fantasy leagues? My own read on both of those institutions is they are in for a rough future. The combination of wokeness pervading these 2 orgs which pisses off roughly 50% of the country, the concussion BS, and the horrible quality of the product on the field, wouldn't a business like Draftkings be caught in this downturn as well?

Or am I not seeing something or just misjudging the situation?
It's a trade not a hold. Buying only on the technical set up for a bounce , it's a falling knife trade and those can be dangerous. It's a boredom trade, I'd put the chance of making 10% in the next two months on this as "unlikely" but this is the 4th time the stock has moved in this range of lows in high 30s and bounce to mid 50s. It is highly over sold on the daily and is extended quite a ways from it 20 day avg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
It's incredibly innovative. Everyone is talking about a multiverse but Roblox is by far the closest to having actually built one.
So its like second life but monetized? Even big studios with multiple products that are heavily monetized are smaller like EA and Activision.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So its like second life but monetized? Even big studios with multiple products that are heavily monetized are smaller like EA and Activision.
Let me Bing that for you:

1637176857511.png

It's like if Second Life and Minecraft had a baby, and that baby had a user-friendly interface that allowed 9 year olds design entire game worlds that interconnected with other game worlds. They have more than 10x the revenue that SL ever had at its height, and their revenue is growing unbelievably fast.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin whats your read on IWM? Looks like its oversold and has been consolidating at the 220-230 level for quite awhile
I own a sizable position in IWM I believe it is breaking out and the current decline is a test of that breakout. So next week or so pretty important that it stay above 230 or if it dips below that it recovers quickly, otherwise we fall back into the consolidation box

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Let me Bing that for you:

View attachment 382918

It's like if Second Life and Minecraft had a baby, and that baby had a user-friendly interface that allowed 9 year olds design entire game worlds that interconnected with other game worlds. They have more than 10x the revenue that SL ever had at its height, and their revenue is growing unbelievably fast.
All I see here is the downfall of gaming.

• 2Like

Lightning Fast
Saw this post on Gab:

Ok try this on for size, GOP may have demanded Powell be ousted to offer up the handful of votes in the house to pass the 1.1T infrastructure bill. Supposedly he’s gone and the dumbfucks think they can work with Brainard who will carry out the same policies of Powell. Sigh. This isn’t confirmed but that’s what I’m hearing.​
That means MMT is a go, that means 5-10T annual deficits, runaway inflation, the great reset delivered ahead of schedule and over budget.​
Market is supposedly heading down Wednesday and into Thursday AM and maybe Tuesday although futures are up right now.​
!!! Many analysts are predicting a top of channel retraction late week on monthly option expiration date but it is a almost a sure bet they are wrong and we go up significantly because the market is driven by options and Friday we go ‘delta neutral’ in a positive direction. The more people are short into week end the more it will go up because shorts have to cover !!!​
I hate to say it but the year end top blow off is probably on. Think S&P 4900 by year end maybe even 5100. I’ll see how it goes come Thursday and Friday and contemplate this some more. I had three conversations with very well connected people in the investment field this afternoon and I was given 3 reasons for this move. The only one whose bearish is the European hedge fund trader. Michael Burry even gave up looking for the next big short. Fuck…​
But frankly if you see a dip this week especially Wednesday PM, fucking buy it. If I see any signs of a significant pull back I’ll ring the alarm bells.​

What do we think? Good analysis or harebrained reddit level take?

• 1Picard

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats a whole lot of Crystal Ball going on there.

The future depends on NVDA's earnings after the bell. That will tell you what direction were going in reliably more than random rumors on gab of all places.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I might bail on my bear stance.

Overall I've eaten shit this year.

But I also took 85% or more of my play money account off the table.

So I'm down like 2k. Lol

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All I see here is the downfall of gaming.
I see it as the exact opposite. Opening up players to create and manage their own worlds within larger metaverses is the future of online gaming/MMOs at the very least. Games like Roblox, Rust and Valheim are a glimpse of the future.

Molten Core Raider
NVDA ER from ToS:

NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) reported quarterly earnings of $1.17 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.10 by 6.36 percent. This is a 60.27 percent increase over earnings of $0.73 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $7.10 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $6.83 billion by 3.95 percent. This is a 50.23 percent increase over sales of $4.73 billion the same period last year.

• 1Like

Lightning Fast
Thats a whole lot of Crystal Ball going on there.

The future depends on NVDA's earnings after the bell. That will tell you what direction were going in reliably more than random rumors on gab of all places.
Do we really want to get into an internet credibility debate on the same page with someone sporting a SamdaMan avatar on a forum founded on acquiring special pixels in an Elf simulator?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like