Investing General Discussion

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've mentioned before that I see a 5-8k bottom possibility, though I'll likely buy in by 12k. The disease definitely the largest cause for movements, though they are going to be made worse by the underlying condition of credit problems. This is worse in cities and with old people, and that is where more of the money is.

You gotta be kidding with that 5K bottom.
Even 2008 didn't get there.
That is some extreme panic. Trump will inject 10 trillion into the economy before letting it fall that far.

Last time 5K was hit was mid-90s.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That is some extreme panic. Trump will inject 10 trillion into the economy before letting it fall that far.

With this much panic and the liquidity issues as bad as they are, it is possible. This crash has been worse than the 1929 crash so far, and the outlook is still poor. The offer of unlimited QE has the potential to turn this economy into post wwi germany, where the reparations are going to the banks. It's stupid.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fury has a vested interest in doomsaying and is doing his small part to make it happen.

I am one furry on a gaming nerd board, though I'll take full responsibility for causing this entire economic crash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
hence why I said small part. Or your logic has been tainted by greedy hopium dreams of of big returns once the market crashes hard enough and you can't help yourself.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Im sure the employment numbers(albeit much temporary at least for now) will do wonders for the market.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Only in our crazy world. The only greens I have today are my BA calls, my RCL calls and my DAL position. Un-fucking-believable.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No more level 1 and 2 circuit breakers for today boys. Buckle up. I think this ride is about to get exciting.

• 1Solidarity

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Will the crazy guy still win the bet about Dow getting back to 28,000 in our lifetimes if a loaf of bread costs a hundred million?

• 1Dislike

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

You seem to be operating on the assumption that our economy is bulletproof and will always survive. While that's incredibly likely, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the country we live in now ceases to exist.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking at new cases daily, was expecting new cases to be near doubling. Maybe they are and testing just isn't there. Hard to say.

And yes, investment strategy is completely tied to this pandemic right now. I think a lot of us wouldn't even be touching the markets right now if they were still at the all-time highs. I know I wasn't. The big question is where is the bottom.

DOW could hit 12K, 15K, or maybe 18K is the bottom (now).
Personally, I figured 15K would be the absolute bottom if it somehow does get there. Realistically, I think it doesn't get lower than 17K.
Chloroquine preliminary results from thousands of patients should be out by the end of this week, should it be working as Chinese and Didier Raoult are saying, it could mean we've hit the bottom. Not saying it's going to instantly recover as much damage has been done, everywhere, but it could definitely stop the bleeding. Chloroquine not working and Italy sinking deeper into death/day could mean quarantine not working at all, and that would be bad news. I think that's what we should be looking at in the next few days.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You seem to be operating on the assumption that our economy is bulletproof and will always survive. While that's incredibly likely, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that the country we live in now ceases to exist.

I am operating under the assumption that it'll survive under today's circumstances.

It will survive, there is a zero% chance it doesn't survive this .

2024 I might have a different opinion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had all my limit orders set to buy when we crashed down to the depths but it never happened. Its a good thing I guess 🤨

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Crazy that 3% drop in the market feels like an ok outcome lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I also like how the semi's are doing. They tend to be a the locomotive and apple the caboose playing some catch up to the down side last few days.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the difference between the SP500 and Nasdaq is really keeping me interested. I wonder if its the bottom of the 500 really creating the drag.