Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm skeptical but not at all surprised. We were very overdue for a counter trend rally. Will it be able to weather bad numbers once the sugar high of stimulus wears off and realization we aren't going back to normal in two weeks, we'll have to wait and see.
I think unemployment numbers are gonna be a real dagger tomorrow. If today's rally hold i might scrape a little profit near 4pm.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I bought XOM at 33 after the Arabs did their thing, was VERY close to selling it at near same price. I screwed up and sold NCLH/RCL two days ago... because like a idiot I thought i'd jump back into them at a lower price. Of course they are up 40 percent since. Was only about 3k though so no huge deal. Learned a lesson though , its not worth it to gamble to try to get a better cost basis. Sometimes 3/4ths the way to the bottom is better than trying to hit the very bottom. Lesson with the cruise lines saved me from cashing out early on the airlines and now riding that train up. Or maybe it will all still crash and burn, we'll see.

Best thing I read here was "yolo account". Having fun with these individual stocks yoloing. I'll let the invisible hand run the show in the 401k.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought XOM at 33 after the Arabs did their thing, was VERY close to selling it at near same price. I screwed up and sold NCLH/RCL two days ago... because like a idiot I thought i'd jump back into them at a lower price. Of course they are up 40 percent since. Was only about 3k though so no huge deal. Learned a lesson though , its not worth it to gamble to try to get a better cost basis. Sometimes 3/4ths the way to the bottom is better than trying to hit the very bottom. Lesson with the cruise lines saved me from cashing out early on the airlines and now riding that train up. Or maybe it will all still crash and burn, we'll see.

Best thing I read here was "yolo account". Having fun with these individual stocks yoloing. I'll let the invisible hand run the show in the 401k.
One of the few pieces of actual advice I feel confident giving... you cant time the bottom. You can get in the ballpark and using technical levels can help, but the bottom is elusive. Be comfortable with a price you pay and don't get greedy at a price you sell. I got greedy on WMT and its cost me $18 a share so far. And I knew I was being greedy when I did it too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok, I give up. What is dragging GOOG? I can't find any news. I think AMZN is just pausing since it had been on a great run.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I give up. What is dragging GOOG? I can't find any news. I think AMZN is just pausing since it had been on a great run.
I think tech stocks, ones that are removed from hardware, havent eaten as much shit as everything else and thats why goog isnt moving as much as everything else.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I sold the amount of rcl i bought at 20 and 32.80. I fully expect another crash once the second tier of trump denial to wears off and ICUs get overloaded. Also sold gldm since it's been pretty useless.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well sold my AMD position again. Bought at $41.3 then sold at $44.82, wish I had sold it earlier in the day when it was at $47.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pops

We declined 30 ish percent from the high, couple more percentage rally the bear would be over. LOL.

Pops

Everything happens so quick. With gteed bad headlines coming and the Congress fucking up, we are going to get a sell off at some point. With stuff tripling and doubling, if you want that profit take it. We are far from out of the woods.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's gonna be fun seeing how the markets react to the numbers tomorrow. It'll be a small taste of what's to come in the next few months, and I bet it's bitter.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Everything happens so quick. With gteed bad headlines coming and the Congress fucking up, we are going to get a sell off at some point. With stuff tripling and doubling, if you want that profit take it. We are far from out of the woods.
the current stock market hysteria hasn't priced in the total supply chain collapses that are coming

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
10 minutes to unemployment numbers and futures are plummeting. Gee I wonder if anyone has early access to the numbers.

Pops

w.jpg

Short end negative.