Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My big concern and what may be supporting those theories is AAPL. The fucker hasnt even touched the 100-DMA yet. It has a lot of room to fall and it will drag everything down with it due to its market cap.
Sound reasoning behind this. Remember a month or two ago I was linking Apple news when the stock was irrationally ripping higher. This was in the wake of Apple themselves reporting reduced iPhone demand. Then reported chip issues across multiple products. Then a supplier reported they had halted production. AAPL didn't flinch and just ripped higher. Q4 earnings will paint a better picture of wtf is going on.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FWIW, I'm still 60% cash shopping for bargains.

(Was 85-90% since sentiment shifted)

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
One of my favorite theories for correction bottoms is that they happen when the funds start having to sell their darling stocks. Their AAPLs and GOOGLs. They first sell their trash, but when they have to resort to their core positions, it signals capitulation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of my favorite theories for correction bottoms is that they happen when the funds start having to sell their darling stocks. Their AAPLs and GOOGLs. They first sell their trash, but when they have to resort to their core positions, it signals capitulation.
Yeah redemptions drive a lot of market movement.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm taking shares into the close. Not going full in but substantial. But also keep in mind I'm more patient and less easily rattled than some may be here. I could end up down 40,000 next week on this buy but I'm okay with that. Know yourself. I"m saying it again because it needs to be repeated a lot during these type of events. Do not trade on emotion, full stop.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was cash-heavy going into this week. Just put in 30% and will save some for if it gets worse over the next few days.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ARKK at $72
I feel bad, when I talked to my mom around Thanksgiving she mentioned she had some money in ARKK. I wanted to tell her to dump it, but I didn't really want to go telling her that I think Cathie is a fraud.

I don't think it was a significant amount, because she still mentioned retiring soon the other day to me. But I still could've saved her some pain.

• 1Like

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I allocated into some indexes just now. Didn't want to try to pick names. There's a lot of air pocket risk like NFLX next week.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always keep a chunk on the side for short term opportunites. Maybe we get the Fed surprise with a .50 interest rate hike opener, or Russia gets frisky with Ukraine.

Might not happen, but I want plenty of dry powder ready to fire if either happens.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm taking shares into the close. Not going full in but substantial. But also keep in mind I'm more patient and less easily rattled than some may be here. I could end up down 40,000 next week on this buy but I'm okay with that. Know yourself. I"m saying it again because it needs to be repeated a lot during these type of events. Do not trade on emotion, full stop.
626gzx.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel bad, when I talked to my mom around Thanksgiving she mentioned she had some money in ARKK. I wanted to tell her to dump it, but I didn't really want to go telling her that I think Cathie is a fraud.

I don't think it was a significant amount, because she still mentioned retiring soon the other day to me. But I still could've saved her some pain.
Its funny but I met with my F-I-L and looked at his investments last summer and saw ARKK and told him to tell his broker to dump it asap. I am afraid to ask if he did it. And yes, he pays a wallstreet douche to handle his investments because they are "experts" and I am not. I shit you not. Its the same reason he ignores my Covid advice. I am not an "expert".

• 1Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Closed on the lows with some big volume (options expiry).

Let's see what next week brings.