Investing General Discussion

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's vanguards simple ira that we use for us and our employees (small business) and i'm pretty sure it only let me buy vanguard mutuals. I have mine and my wifes personal IRAs that I can still add to for 2022, so I guess I could have done that.

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes i'm going to call vanguard, it looks like after 2 years we can transfer. We've had it for like 4 years now. Maybe I can get it into my personal account. What I'm wondering is if the 2 years starts over or if I'll just have to roll out every contribution.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes i'm going to call vanguard, it looks like after 2 years we can transfer. We've had it for like 4 years now. Maybe I can get it into my personal account. What I'm wondering is if the 2 years starts over or if I'll just have to roll out every contribution.
I am not familiar with a "simple" IRA. A standard self directed IRA should basically just be a changing on the rules on it. It should take them like a minute to make it a normal IRA. No holdings should need changed. When I converted my Mom's IRA from a Merrill directed account to a self-directed account it was about 3 minutes tops.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kiroy Kiroy I looked it up and it appears to be more of a 401k for small businesses than an IRA. That being said, it has access to the Admiral class of mutual. The Admiral S&P fund is great and Ultra low cost. The term IRA threw me. Looking at the contribution caps this isn't an IRA.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Kiroy Kiroy I looked it up and it appears to be more of a 401k for small businesses than an IRA. That being said, it has access to the Admiral class of mutual. The Admiral S&P fund is great and Ultra low cost. The term IRA threw me. Looking at the contribution caps this isn't an IRA.

ya sorry my bad. Its a small business low paperwork 401k

and im in all admiral funds - just sucks i got end of day prices but not that big of deal

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
ya sorry my bad. Its a small business low paperwork 401k

and im in all admiral funds - just sucks i got end of day prices but not that big of deal
well my man, if you don't know the type of fund, the rules around it, the advantages or disadvantages, then you shouldn't really be worrying about trying to execute trades at a specific time IMO.

but yes, everyone that has access to Admiral Shares should have some. low minimums and super super low expense. for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
well my man, if you don't know the type of fund, the rules around it, the advantages or disadvantages, then you shouldn't really be worrying about trying to execute trades at a specific time IMO.

but yes, everyone that has access to Admiral Shares should have some. low minimums and super super low expense. for sure.

I did know the funds I bought. I was right about the Simple IRA plan, but the term IRA in the plan got my and sanrith's conversation confused. What I learned though, was mutual funds in a 401k OR simple ira settle at the end of the day. I'm not even trading. I'm just trying to add to my retirement at the best moment. My man.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I did know the funds I bought. I was right about the Simple IRA plan, but the term IRA in the plan got my and sanrith's conversation confused. What I learned though, was the mutual funds in a 401k OR simple ira settle at the end of the day. I'm not even trading. I'm just trying to add to my retirement at the best moment. My man.
Yes I understand (what you are saying and the confusion with the vocabulary). I guess it's just more of a general sentiment that a few points don't really matter for your actual retirement account.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yes I understand (what you are saying and the confusion with the vocabulary). I guess it's just more of a general sentiment that a few points don't really matter for your actual retirement account.

the compound interest on those few points over the course of the next 20 years is unimaginable

could have changed my life now i'll retire with shit

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
the compound interest on those few points over the course of the next 20 years is unimaginable

could have changed my life now i'll retire with shit
Nah. A 4% difference in principle compounding at the same rate is only 4% difference at the end. If you expect 8% returns that's only six months difference. (Or pick a number.)

A = P (1+ r/n) ^ nt, A is linear with P

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Nah. A 4% difference in principle compounding at the same rate is only 4% difference at the end. If you expect 8% returns that's only six months difference. (Or pick a number.)
hes joking.

this hits hard

1643078523341.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users