Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Gaming Ghost>
These numbers are stellar for a company the size and age of MSFT..

1643144765968.png

This would be an estimated PE of 27.6 and an EPS of $9.92
Yeah sell it down 5%. clown world. I would buy more if I could.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tailwinds of the pandemic,zero interest rates with christmas sales... yeah they expected a lot more.

Apple is going to really send this market to hell.

• 1Beagling
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
Tailwinds of the pandemic,zero interest rates with christmas sales... yeah they expected a lot more.

Apple is going to really send this market to hell.
You are making a judgement based on 5 or 10 minutes of after market trading. it is already back over $280. See what happens tomorrow.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Q1 earnings will be negative if they buy Activision... Interdasting.

Current earnings for acti is 600m so it will take 28.75 years at that rate to break even.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Current earnings for acti is 600m so it will take 28.75 years at that rate to break even.
That's the math for returning the entire purchase price. The proper comparison would be the opportunity cost of whatever else they were going to do with that $69B. $600M per quarter looks awfully good compared to -7% in cash (not that it would have stayed there, or that MSFT couldn't easily make more by rolling into their portfolio). And you can't ignore the resale value at the end of the period.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

The hell are you talking about? Can we have shonuff back?

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I really don't know what's up with the fad of people going hog wild into luxury dream brands with a small audience ala PTON and beyond meat.

At least TSLA spells rockets to nasa.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The hell are you talking about? Can we have shonuff back?
Perhaps r/investing is more your taste for big spreadsheets and revenue reviews by people with more experience?

Don't know exactly what you are expecting posting here.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Any bets on how much of a drop we get tomorrow? I bet we beat Monday's lows at some point. Then again it could be Thursday with the pain depending on what AAPL does?

Sylvester nervous.gif

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>
What is typical for this number?
It depends on the industry to be honest. Operating income (not to be confused with net income) is revenue minues the cost to "operate the business. So minus COGS, utilities, rent etc. Where net income is operating income also minus non-operating expenses.

For example, manufacturers are lucky to run 10% margins. It's why manufacturing sucks balls. You need tons of volume to spread out the high fixed operating costs across as many units as possible.

So for every dollar of revenue MSFT generates it has 43 cents in profit after the costs to make that dollar. Or it costs them 57 cents to make a dollar. Then you subtract expenses not associated with running the business. If my companies ran that margin I would be a millionaire already. Literally.

According to this link the averaging operating ratio of all the Nasdaq companies is 20%.

• 1WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Gaming Ghost>

They are buying it for all cash that they have laying around in the sofa cushions.

• 1Truth!