Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Going to need a time machine to change my $18 cost basis with a $8.50 cost basis please.

Remember when it was $37.60 and we didn't sell. Pepperidge Farms remembers
tenor.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to need a time machine to change my $18 cost basis with a $8.50 cost basis please.

Remember when it was $37.60 and we didn't sell. Pepperidge Farms remembers
I'd have to pull up my trades, but I was swing trading MTTR before you guys were playing with it here. I made plenty, but didn't get that big move towards the end. Been out of the name for a while.

Logs show:
2021-11-04 09:37:00MTTRBUY$20.800
2021-12-09 09:56:29MTTRSELL$26.646

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one talking about the 6 red consecutive 5min candles on the SPY?

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

*edit: and QQQ flipped red on the day

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'd have to pull up my trades, but I was swing trading MTTR before you guys were playing with it here. I made plenty, but didn't get that big move towards the end. Been out of the name for a while.

Logs show:
2021-11-04 09:37:00MTTRBUY$20.800
Don't include me in the "playing with it". Still not playing with it, it's a long term investment that in years and years ahead its going to become a more important company in a changing world. Sure after a big decline I wish I had bought lower who wouldn't. But for where I want it to go it's meaningless to worry about if you paid $8 or $18. I'll be buying more if we hit $8 that would probably be my last touch of it other than a response to results.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Don't include me in the "playing with it". Still not playing with it, it's a long term investment that in years and years ahead its going to become a more important company in a changing world. Sure after a big decline I wish I had bought lower who wouldn't. But for where I want it to go it's meaningless to worry about if you paid $8 or $18. I'll be buying more if we hit $8 that would probably be my last touch of it other than a response to results.
Post if you put in a buy so I can copy ponder your move.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't mean anything by it bud. Just from the sense that I was in and out before it was talked about on here and I've kept away (aside from some scalp day trades).

I have this name on my radar too, but just need the markets to play ball. These type of names are being destroyed right now. Inflows aren't in these names. They will be, but when is anyone's guess. As you said, long enough time horizons shouldn't matter. But if the market does want to leg down again from here, I want my capital ready to go into immediate cash generation.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Big move in ABBV so I went ahead and sold 2/18 calls against position. Most of my long term portfolio is very green today even with SPY/QQQ weakening. I have lots of orders to sell calls for next month.

Current Open Orders:
All for 2/18 Exp
Calls Strikes
VIAC $38
CAH $55
MDT $111
MPC $75
JPM $155

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one talking about the 6 red consecutive 5min candles on the SPY?

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

*edit: and QQQ flipped red on the day

Makes sense I guess to people that understand options... Too much Gamma.

If its down, you know its going up...if its up, you know its going down.

Its all on apple... if Apple cant get people to sell their shorts then we will continue to chop with options shenanigans.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Because of post earnings decline holding off selling calls on ABT give it a chance to move up some first. No calls on CLF either at this level and my MRK calls exp tomorrow.

It's tempting to hedge Market index position selling some calls. Always a gamble you could sell SPY calls at or just above the money and get a pretty nice premium to cushion a decline but a rally would dampen that trade pretty damn fast.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My energy ETF I bought back in on Monday is up almost 9% since then. For a minute I thought I could sell and almost match inflation. Err scratch that, inflation so far.....

• 1Worf

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Call me paperhands McGee, but for the sake of transparency, I halved my big SPY position on the break of ~436 low when we failed again. 425-428 is the big support zone, which I will put half of the half back on. Failing that seems like a direct shot to ~400 and I will have a lot more to play with.

I'm just readjusting my cost basis positioning for the next leg down. (Which may not even come!) I feel a lot better with 40% invested right here in this precarious macro environment vs 75%.

Bring the pain!

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah the economy is growing at the fastest rate since the early Reagan years, just heard that on the radio. If I run over 4 people, do CPR on 2 and they live. I have a 50% life saving rate yah!!

Just in a passanger seat today watching for the most part.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hindsight being 20/20, instead of selling my SPY put when I went with the call at the open, I could have rode it up while I sold the call and then rode the put back down for $$ banking on the reversal. Damn its easy make money when you look backwards in time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
TSLA is going to find the 200D at this rate.
I like to calculate the 5:1 split back in and realize it's trading at $4,205 and I didn't like it over $300, so I may buy in if we can get a drop to $60.00

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users