Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just halted down twice and this halt is right into a pivot level. Could possibly be a buy on resumption. (highly risky and a gamble.. do not listen to me)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It just halted down twice and this halt is right into a pivot level. Could possibly be a buy on resumption. (highly risky and a gamble.. do not listen to me)
I would rather invest my hard earned shekels on hookers and blow.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, two halts down in a row into a support level is a pretty solid bounce play. Definitely into risky day trader behavior, but .. there it is.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, this is what day traders capitalize on. Volatility.

Here's what someone else grabbed from AFRM going haywire.

afrm.jpeg

• 1Mother of God

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
very small $200M MOC sale.

But the daily candles today look awful. QQQ closing beneath the important 360 pivot is not great.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
very small $200M MOC sale.

But the daily candles today look awful. QQQ closing beneath the important 360 pivot is not great.
Yeah from bullard on changed everything today, Volume is now quite high, the more time the market spends worrying about the fed will do going to see a lot of red than if the fed simply started acting. Always amazing how market handles solid news even if bad so much better than something speculative. Powell has never even talked about consecutive hikes let alone .5 but because everyone knows they are behind the curve the fear builds about him suddenly snapping out of it and getting aggressive.

It is such a chuckle in light of today's news that right now the Fed continues to buy bonds and extend QE while we talk about .5 hikes.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule I think you are the only other person holding NUE. I am setting an exit strategy. As I look at the revenue side I see 2021 being massively pumped due to them charging huge premiums since demand was so high. The prior three years were pretty ass with negative sales growth. The more I dig the more I think its going to have a tough time once things settle down. They did close an acquisition a little bit ago which might help. End of the day I am taking the profits and running soon. I missed a $123 exit earlier today and im annoyed by it. Doubt I will sell before the close as I hate selling on shitty news, but I am looking to exit.

1644525838123.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah.. it does shake investor confidence who were dip buying and fomo chasing the last 2 days. The more we keep selling the bounces, the less people are likely to step in to keep buying.

Tomorrow being Friday should be quite interesting.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hah.. it does shake investor confidence who were dip buying and fomo chasing the last 2 days. The more we keep selling the bounces, the less people are likely to step in to keep buying.

Tomorrow being Friday should be quite interesting.
This is what consolidation is though, by definition and it often results in strong bullish breakouts. Investors get through these periods fine and are better off for them, traders is another matter. Only the very best can trade these kind of moves amateurs' will get wrecked and chopped to pieces. I always think of it as just eating up the clock. We all know the market can't just go up at a 25 degree angle indefinitely but the moment it pauses people lose their shit. Could last a few months, and because there is a chance it turns into a complete breakdown is why it shakes so many people, we all know that possibility is there and it keeps people on edge and always worrying about something worse. If we resolve upwards later in the year , people will look back at the chart and wonder what people were so concerned about.

The 2015-2016 consolidation (correction) period was about as challenging as they get, in that things went right to the brink of a complete breakdown, we certainly aren't there yet. When I first started trading some 20 years ago I use to think how lucky the boomers were because they could just buy in 1982 and hold for 18 yrs and make a fortune but it doesn't take long until we all learn why so many people don't make out even during raging bull markets and it's because of time periods just like this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users