Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mostly darts. I'm looking at the 52 week low, and trying to snipe when something approaches that March 23rd number. Mostly a fool's game, but I don't know how much resistance and support technical levels are going to give a read over a few days time. If these were longer investments and I was planning on being in them for the hopeful full recovery and upswing after November, I would be doing more research and scrounging the financial data. But these are just day or two trades between the major up and down swings. If this was a relatively steady market, I wouldn't be and haven't been touching day trading.
Fair enough. Whatever works for you.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some basics for anyone interested. Note in the modern world you don't have to calculate this stuff yourself. Most trading platforms have a chart that does it for you.

Support and resistance:

Moving averages:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One last thing. There are two huge factors in play today. Weekly unemployment numbers and the OPEC meeting later on. Both of these will have major impacts on trading today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Continuing claims was only a little over 7M so we are no where near 16.5 unemployed.

edit... I'm reading report now something funky
Consider we have to factor in how many people are trying to claim but can't because stste systems are overloaded. More than a million a day were trying to file in NY and can't because the system is buried to the point of crashing.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Capture.JPG

The change in numbers so large hard to tell the flow of data, it may be a lagging affect for when they begin receiving claims for the Total insured number not to be higher

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
These numbers are shit. Look at NY. No fucking way NY numbers are accurate.

The highest insured unemployment rates in the week ending March 21 were in Rhode Island (6.7), Minnesota (5.6), Massachusetts (5.1), Connecticut (4.9), Washington (4.7), Vermont (4.5), Nevada (4.3), Montana (4.2), New Hampshire (4.2), and Ohio (4.0). The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending March 28 were in California (+871,992), New York (+286,596), Michigan (+176,329), Florida (+154,171), Georgia (+121,680), Texas (+120,759), and New Jersey (+90,438), while the largest decreases were in Nevada (-20,356), Rhode Island (-8,047), and Minnesota (-6,678).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
6 days from the start of my 2 week window to buy back window I decided on a few months ago. We're about where I expected to be at this time, which is kinda confusing with how ugly the markets looked earlier this month.

I really don't trust this bounce.

Pops

"The Facility also may purchase U.S.-listed ETFs whose investment objective is to provide broad exposure to the market for U.S. corporate bonds. The preponderance of ETF holdings will be of ETFs whose primary investment objective is exposure to U.S. investment-grade corporate bonds, and the remainder will be in ETFs whose primary investment objective is exposure to U.S. high-yield corporate bonds"

We will never get off this merry go round.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought puts on the SPY with an 8 day expiry. I almost hope I lose money on these, but I don't think I will sadly.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"The Facility also may purchase U.S.-listed ETFs whose investment objective is to provide broad exposure to the market for U.S. corporate bonds. The preponderance of ETF holdings will be of ETFs whose primary investment objective is exposure to U.S. investment-grade corporate bonds, and the remainder will be in ETFs whose primary investment objective is exposure to U.S. high-yield corporate bonds"

Yeah the Fee is working to stabilize corporate debt.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

We'll be 8 yrs down t he road and they will be discussing how maybe they could possibly with lots of warning back off a tiny bit, but only if the market agrees to not drop at all.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Don't be so frothy just yet. 24 minutes until unemployment numbers. I am seeing a lot of analysts saying this weeks number will be less than last weeks. If the concensus is less then we are fucked because I am sure the number is going to be bigger. And tomorrow the market is closed.

They were out earlier. 6.6M today.