Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Personally, I think we keep going up-ish until Wednesday or so.

Or at least that's what I'm hoping

Sylvester nervous.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will take the complete lack of profit taking into the close as a fairly bullish sign.

I am holding fast through the weekend.

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Chart looks like it has room to me, last two days is big but also consider we are just positive for the week keeps it in perspective. It's next Friday that could be the tougher decision on where we go next.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and give my money to a buddy of mine who's a CFP. He's gonna take 1% of my profits, but fuck it bc there's no way he'd be down 25% like I am currently.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and give my money to a buddy of mine who's a CFP. He's gonna take 1% of my profits, but fuck it bc there's no way he'd be down 25% like I am currently.
Had you put all your money in the SPY or QQQ you wouldn't be down 25% either. The data has shown advisor's don't beat the indexes over a period of 3 to 5 years. Ever.

Instead of paying an advisor, buy the SPY. If you doubt my claim about advisor's the data can be found In Kahneman's and Charles Ellis' books among other places.

Index everything and then start a paper account for 2022. Research and trade with paper and learn that way. See if over the year you improve.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Umm yeah what Sanrith said don't do this, just put it in a index fund and move on with life. Add to it consistently what you are able to.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Assuming China waits until after Monday morning, what investment strategies do yall have in mind for the invasion of Taiwan?

Dump tech? Buy US Semiconductors? Defense, energy, commodities? Pull it all back into cash and watch the world burn?

I've read thoughts on the subject other places but curious what you guys are thinking.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Assuming China waits until after Monday morning, what investment strategies do yall have in mind for the invasion of Taiwan?

Dump tech? Buy US Semiconductors? Defense, energy, commodities? Pull it all back into cash and watch the world burn?

I've read thoughts on the subject other places but curious what you guys are thinking.
A Taiwanese invasion by China is far beyond the scope of "what stocks to buy". That opens up a possible can of worms that could be catastrophic.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Sure. I get that, but surely one does something, right?

Maybe the right answer is "don't bother changing anything, cause its too big to be able to defend against it?" I don't know.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Maybe the right answer is "don't bother changing anything, cause its too big to be able to defend against it?" I don't know.
I'm not going to say there won't be plays. There are. Being long the SQQQ the day before the invasion happens is probably a really good move. What I meant though is it would mean both of our nuclear adversaries are invading countries in the same year and the chance for a hot war that could escalate into something that makes the stock markets meaningless.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Buy puts and hope the world doesn't get nuked to be able to sell them

• 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

NOC LMT and SQQQ.

• 1Like