Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes There's misses, and then there's this. Interestingly, the price didn't move at all after the release. Guess it's finally been priced in lol

Yeah LAZR actually held surprisingly after missing on earnings. I am hearing Mercedes took a stake in LAZR and will be using it for all their vehicles.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CRM earnings after the bell. Can you imagine a shittier macro situation to be announcing earnings in?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
YOLO $15 strike April calls for a buck. Delta is 0.37

Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

View attachment 400894
RSX -20% pre-market.

And this is why they call it gambling.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
JPM eating some weakness along with other banks in regards to Russia exposure. It wont last forever and might be a long term entry for those wanting some Financial sector exposure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
JPM eating some weakness along with other banks in regards to Russia exposure. It wont last forever and might be a long term entry for those wanting some Financial sector exposure.
damn, I was feeling good about getting JPM at 140, somebodys about to get a great deal

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Same thing on the SPY if this is what you're referring to:

1646150589902.png

What's it mean? Obviously it's weak.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've got like 50 million indicators on your chart. I 've no idea what you've circled there.

qqq.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The death cross is a technical chart pattern indicating the potential for a major sell-off. The death cross appears on a chart when a stock’s short-term moving average crosses below its long-term moving average. Typically, the most common moving averages used in this pattern are the 50-day and 200-day moving averages.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I've never understood the choice of 50 and 200. I get that once the market starts using a certain level like that it becomes self fulfilling, but what I'm wondering about is why those levels were chosen in the first place. Arbitrary round numbers or more than that?

Seems like something based on accounting (quarters or years) or human psychology (weeks or months) would make more sense than arbitrary 50 and 200.

Of course the choice of window size doesnt change the pattern qualitatively but it does change crossing points etc.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course they are all inherently self-fullfiling. You can make any indicator on your chart you want. I can draw out 55 day, 136 day, and 212 day moving averages.

The question is, who else is looking at those? Human nature likely went round numbers. Humans then programmed parameters into algos. Stock prices react to these levels because.. we choose (and program them) to.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've never understood the choice of 50 and 200. I get that once the market starts using a certain level like that it becomes self fulfilling, but what I'm wondering about is why those levels were chosen in the first place. Arbitrary round numbers or more than that?

Seems like something based on accounting (quarters or years) or human psychology (weeks or months) would make more sense than arbitrary 50 and 200.

Of course the choice of window size doesnt change the pattern qualitatively but it does change crossing points etc.
Its just time in terms of trends. The shorter the trend period the more abrupt the changes will be while the 200 lets you see movements over a long period of time.