Investing General Discussion

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
JPM eating some weakness along with other banks in regards to Russia exposure. It wont last forever and might be a long term entry for those wanting some Financial sector exposure.
From a derivatives perspective the sanctions don't even block us from unwinding trades. The risk is in the insolvency of course, so we'll see. But Sberbank isn't even banned from SWIFT (yet).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've had my eye on JPM today too. The $140 pivot looked nice, but we opened and immediately didn't hold that level. Market as a whole feels kind of heavy today, so I am hoping we get a market move lower before I add.

It is tough buying into strength in this market. SPY has had quite the move up from last Thursday. I think it is likely we test some SPY 420s again.

So, for now I am waiting for better entries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It is tough buying into strength in this market. SPY has had quite the move up from last Thursday. I think it is likely we test some SPY 420s again.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CAT is 26% down from its high with a strong balance sheet. The "risk" is their exposure to the Russian market. Short term its not great. If you assume that eventually things normalize with Russia (and since they are the #2 nuclear power this is pretty much a given) the mid to long term outlook is good. I am not "recommending it" but you might want to do your due diligence on it.

1646154343270.png

1646154426961.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you think the world markets with Russia are returning anytime soon, I have a bridge to sell you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When suicide is the greatest form of virtue signaling.
We don't actually import much Russian oil; North America is actually energy independent and a net oil exporter.

• 2Pants on Fire!
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cut my losses on the RSX calls. Lost about 30 cents a share. I thought the peace talks would begin the end. This is looking like both sides are digging in.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We don't actually import much Russian oil; North America is actually energy independent and a net oil exporter.
No. We do import oil even though we can be independent because of the various types of crude. We import 7% of our oil from Russia. Again because of the type of crude it is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
But hey, look on the bright side, negative to zero growth projected and...

The return of child tax credits is like a government form of QE!

• 1Clown World

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Almost everything I am watching is in this no man's land of price. Not moving up so I think its bottomed and not low enough to be sure its bottomed.

• 1Like