Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So glad I got out of that dog near breakeven...

1646947625931.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So glad I got out of that dog near breakeven...

View attachment 402570
Company is really doing rather well just stock got so far ahead of itself. Just priced too high for 18-20% YoY growth. Was priced for 40-50% prior to last earnings. These two massive hair cuts are just going to bring it back in line. Starts getting interesting in the 70s but there is still risk of the growth continuing to decline.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
To make it visual. If you bought at the peak the day before Corona Black Monday you bought in to the QQQ at just about $240. If you rode down that 30%+ drawdown and then road back up you are now, even with the 20%+ we have lost this year, up roughly 75% in 2 years. Yes, if you somehow knew to sell right before the crash and then buy in 3 weeks later at the bottom you made a lot more money.

Reality: Go back and read this thread from those days. When the markets are crashing, and by this I mean CRASHING and not some standard correction, you get bit by fear. No one buys in at the bottom. You keep checking to see if its a head fake or get convinced it will only go lower. People in this thread did just that. Look at this chart and ask yourself when you think you would have had the balls to buy back in after the markets were 35 or 40% down in less than 2 weeks. This is why market timing rarely works out for people.

View attachment 402531
This is useful, thanks.

I will say that my ignorance is not for a lack of reading the thread; what I've found (maybe just some defect in how I'm wired) is its difficult to reconstruct the previous discussion because I wasnt watching the market at the time.

What has been incredibly useful is reading this thread while also watching the market.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I do try a buy hold strat with occasionally selling everything and buying back after a dip.
I looked like a young genius for coronavirus dip and got it nearly perfect and a fucking idiot for Biden election- missing like 10% of gains. Problem is sometimes it just do what it do and in the future I’ll probably buy and hold more consistently.

I am in cash since mid last month and it’s working out, but it’s as much about lucky strategy change then it is about timing.

I was heavily invested in a ‘tactical’ model that was supposed to jump out if the right triggers popped and it was constantly late and out of the market on the rebounds. I got fucking hammered with it last 3 months and do not recommend them(although I’m sure they’re not all crested equal!)

buy and hold is tough to best for 20 year horizons and you don’t have to do shit!

Sorry bout grammar I’m in a bathtub 🥰

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Let's Go Brandon!
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6:23AM bump:

(RU) RUSSIAN PRES PUTIN: THERE ARE CERTAIN POSITIVE SHIFTS IN TALKS WITH UKRAINE WHICH TAKE PLACE ALMOST DAILY - COMMENTS FROM MEETING BELARUS PRES LUKASHENKO - Source TradeTheNews.com