Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watching a few minutes of CNBC this morning which I never do someone was saying people wanted twitter to be a safe space and he should hire Dorsey to get it back in shape lol. Didn't know who it was but kind of lost interest in anything he had to say.
The real question is can he get a majority of the other board members to side with him on changes. I'm guessing with the stock in the 30's before Musk he has a shot.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm EXTREMELY skeptical even Musk could unfuck twitter. You'd have to move them out of CA for one, fire half their workforce and all their SJW's, and then avoid the hellfire that DC would rain down on you for those actions.

Doing the math... what's the square root of a poop emoji?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm EXTREMELY skeptical even Musk could unfuck twitter. You'd have to move them out of CA for one, fire half their workforce and all their SJW's, and then avoid the hellfire that DC would rain down on you for those actions.

Doing the math... what's the square root of a poop emoji?
Its all algo driven in terms of the censorship though. Just turn down the censorship levels and basically fire all the amod staff. Ignore any reports that aren't actually illegal activity.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Master of Coin has ignited the meme stocks today. They are exploding upwards with TWTR.
PLTR +5%
TSLA +6%
GME +3%
ARKK +5%
MTTR +4%

• 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 1 user

Lightning Fast
Its all algo driven in terms of the censorship though. Just turn down the censorship levels and basically fire all the amod staff. Ignore any reports that aren't actually illegal activity.
It really isn't algo driven so much. They have their thumb on those 'algos' and always have. Also, firing all their mod staff would create a MASSIVE shitstorm. Since purging the vast majority of the right from twitter, that means twitter's current userbase is all (80%+) leftists. By purging the SJW/hard left mod staff, it alienates a LARGE percentage of their userbase. So that means an exodus of users on that front. This will also trigger all sorts of wrongful firing lawsuits in the state of CA, whose government would LOVE to have those kinds of headlines to fight against someone like Musk with.

Hmm, now that I think on it though... a bot purge might go a long way towards helping the problem. Supposedly upwards of 30% of twitters 'engagement' numbers are driven by Tyenbots, getting rid of that would go a LONG way towards reducing the perceived impact of twitter's bullshit. From there, you could get some real numbers to back up some policy changes to discourage botting and sneak in some anti SJW stuff. From THERE you could ratchet up some policies to get the SJW employees to quit en masse. From there you could maybe get some impetus to move the company to somewhere better than silicon valley, like Beirut or Mars.

Talk about a slow and painful process though. Musk might just be autistic enough to pull something like that off though...

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1649097648584.png

giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Lightning Fast
Bro, it's really hard to know why you're pulling a Randy when you never label these charts and graphs you post.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
None of it changes the fact that Twitter doesn't have a business model.

Letting even more misinformation and degeneracy run rampant doesn't do anything to make it profitable.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It really isn't algo driven so much. They have their thumb on those 'algos' and always have. Also, firing all their mod staff would create a MASSIVE shitstorm. Since purging the vast majority of the right from twitter, that means twitter's current userbase is all (80%+) leftists. By purging the SJW/hard left mod staff, it alienates a LARGE percentage of their userbase. So that means an exodus of users on that front. This will also trigger all sorts of wrongful firing lawsuits in the state of CA, whose government would LOVE to have those kinds of headlines to fight against someone like Musk with.
Almost all 'moderation' done by social media companies is outsourced to third party contractors working for basically minimum wage, usually not even english speakers. You have no idea what you're talking about.

High level policy decisions about kicking certain entities off the platform is different. That's done near the very top of the company.

But the idea that there's this big staff of salaried SJW moderators based in CA hand-moderating content... lol no.

• 1Imbecile

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
None of it changes the fact that Twitter doesn't have a business model.

Letting even more misinformation and degeneracy run rampant doesn't do anything to make it profitable.
Its model is based on advertising. So when you alienate half a country (give or take) its bad for advertising dollars. Can it make money? Yes. Will it? Who knows. Lets face it, he is rich enough to burn that $3b and never care if TWTR makes a dime. He could make it some free speech wild west and not give a shit if it loses money. He is the epitome of "fuck you money levels of wealth"

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Its model is based on advertising. So when you alienate half a country (give or take) its bad for advertising dollars. Can it make money? Yes. Will it? Who knows. Lets face it, he is rich enough to burn that $3b and never care if TWTR makes a dime. He could make it some free speech wild west and not give a shit if it loses money. He is the epitome of "fuck you money levels of wealth"
A quarter trillion is so far beyond fuck you money. That's I'm leaving this planet and building a new one.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FTEC above the 200-DMA and pennies away form breaking above the 100-DMA. No other resistance beyond that.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My point is that this is the investing thread and I don't consider Twitter to be worth buying into at this new price. No matter what they do to make it a 'free speech' haven, the vast majority posters will remain underutilized tech and media industry workers who sit in front of a computer all day and have nothing to do but virtue signal instead of actual work. So, lefties. Twitter is to tech-lefties what AM radio was for people who drive around in trucks all day.
Twitter is below its IPO price and someone will almost certainly try to acquire it in the next 9 months.
PS: I made a lot of money today. :)

• 2Like
  • 2Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My point is that this is the investing thread and I don't consider Twitter to be worth buying into at this new price. No matter what they do to make it a 'free speech' haven, the vast majority posters will remain underutilized tech and media industry workers who sit in front of a computer all day and have nothing to do but virtue signal instead of actual work. So, lefties. Twitter is to tech-lefties what AM radio was for people who drive around in trucks all day.

PS: I made a lot of money today. :)
Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating buying the shit. I own the only Comm Sector stocks that matter (and make a shit ton of profit each quarter).