Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They tried selling off today's rally near the end but got...

rejected euroleague basketball GIF by EuroLeague

1649102565494.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm hoping we can get a push today for major indexes, for a risk management assessment, I'd be a bit more risk off going into Wednesday for cpi. A lower inflation # would be very unexpected but who knows... Would be nice to have a pullback still over the 200D average for QQQ.

I know shipping rates have come down but not sure if that will show up this report. I certainly haven't seen prices come down in food and with how expensive diesel is it really shouldn't until it does....if it does at all.

Hoping for a high to sell into and wait on the sidelines for tomorrows direction.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Got a heads up on SST late yesterday, got some calls. 18.62 - 37.10 halted at least 2x so far. Sold my 7x21 dollar calls , jumped out at 35. Nice quick jump play.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I've become less interested in returns over time, and more interested in the aggregate effects of my shares, since I'm fucking lightyears ahead of where I need to be to retire comfortably at a young age. As such, I've been researching how my fund votes on matters, and it seems that vanguard in general is fairly conservative compared to other funds. Anyone know any other Roth/401ks which are even more conservative? Most of my shit is in the S&P, and I'm willing to sacrifice some returns to take a poop on ESG.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've become less interested in returns over time, and more interested in the aggregate effects of my shares, since I'm fucking lightyears ahead of where I need to be to retire comfortably at a young age. As such, I've been researching how my fund votes on matters, and it seems that vanguard in general is fairly conservative compared to other funds. Anyone know any other Roth/401ks which are even more conservative? Most of my shit is in the S&P, and I'm willing to sacrifice some returns to take a poop on ESG.
If you are in the S&P and want to stay there, you can look at SPY clones and how their Company tends to vote shares. Just as an example you have IVV from Fidelity/Blackrock, Scwab has a version SCHB (I believe), and of course the SPY from State Street. There are lots more.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If you are in the S&P and want to stay there, you can look at SPY clones and how their Company tends to vote shares. Just as an example you have IVV from Fidelity/Blackrock, Scwab has a version SCHB (I believe), and of course the SPY from State Street. There are lots more.
Blackrock and schwab vote very, very against my ideals. Vanguard at least toes the line where they say it's a good idea, but then usually vote against ESG stuff. If I could find a clone with a hardline stance, I'd jump right in with all of my measly 300-400K

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Semis getting ass raped today. Still to overpriced for me but starting to get near my interest levels on a couple of them

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Might be a silly question, but does anyone here not know how to use/setup stock screeners in their various platforms? Quite a helpful tool in searching for new targets.

For example here is a partial screenshot of one. Partial in that it has too many factors to show without scrolling. This one is currently filtered to show PE from low to high. When searching for new game to hunt, screeners are a must-have tool in my opinion.

1649179040037.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can someone explain to me what the fuck just happened with MFA today? I've been at a loss on this fucker for a long time, should I sell this shit off now?

F652E2FE-647E-4348-B66B-DE8B6EE87733.jpeg

• 1To the Moon!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Here is the answer. I know nothing about MFA but I can tell you that historically when a company has to do a reverse split, its rarely a sign of health.

Those gain numbers are probably not calculating the reverse split yet. which is why the percentage gains are so out of whack.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users