Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fibs on QQQ (eyerolls hard).

SPY is in the driver's seat. 435.5 pivot is pretty important today. As below, there is virtually no support until back down to the 428/429 area.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fibs on QQQ (eyerolls hard).

SPY is in the driver's seat. 435.5 pivot is pretty important today. As below, there is virtually no support until back down to the 428/429 area.
1650636470328.png

You dont say? Different fib levels, same outcome even by your own analysis. 428/429.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
TWTR up 5%, well over the price when Musk first announced his plans. Anyone see what news drove this rise today?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I do speak English as my first language, but need to clarify.
AAII noted that "historically, the S&P 500 index has gone on to realize above-average and above-median returns during the six- and 12-month periods following unusually low readings for bullish sentiment and for the bull-bear spread." This week’s bull-bear spread is also "unusually low."

AAII added that "unusually high bearish sentiment readings historically have also been followed by above-average and above-median six-month returns in the S&P 500."
So the American Association of Individual Investors Sentiment Survey (AAII) consistently and reliably gets it wrong? Is that what this is saying?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I do speak English as my first language, but need to clarify.

So the American Association of Individual Investors Sentiment Survey (AAII) consistently and reliably gets it wrong? Is that what this is saying?
No idea who AAII is or why I should care about them. I just know that the S&P500 has above average returns for pretty much any point in history. It's the safe investment for idiots.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the S&P500 has above average returns for pretty much any point in history
I know this is the grown up section of the forums and I'm trying but I feel like you may be missing the meaning of the phrase "above average" in the article I posted

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I know this is the grown up section of the forums and I'm trying but I feel like you may be missing the meaning of the phrase "above average" in the article I posted
Not below average? Not even sure why you'd reference the adult section rules. Is this like scoring women or something, are you trying to have above Chukzombi Chukzombi levels of taste?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm saying your comment makes no sense whatsoever because you've misread the article. But I'm trying not to say it the way I'd say it in the Politics forum.

The article is saying that the S&P performed better in the 6-12 months after surveys said it was going to tank, then it did during other periods. "Above average" refers to better performance of this same index than its performance during other periods.

The article is saying the crowd is always consistently and predictably wrong, which seems odd. Or maybe useful?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm saying your comment makes no sense whatsoever because you've misread the article. But I'm trying not to say it the way I'd say it in the Politics forum.

The article is saying that the S&P performed better in the 6-12 months after surveys said it was going to tank, then it did during other periods. "Above average" refers to better performance of this same index than its performance during other periods.

The article is saying the crowd is always consistently and predictably wrong, which seems odd. Or maybe useful?
It's a known fact. We talk all the time in this thread about how trying to time the market or pretending to know what you're doing in the stock market usually ends up going tits up. There's a reason we suggest the S&P500 all the time to people who come storming in here confused, or joke about an anti cramer stock. The most important thing to take away from the stock market and investing is that none of it actually makes sense. And anyone who tells you they figured it out is probably trying to steal your money.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1650642205432.png

This is my plan, I expect at least a bounce and retest before we head lower than 329. TQQQ to the next fib lol

• 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin

Thoughts on the market here?

428 should be significant on the SPY, but this slow drifting bleed has me concerned. A slow deliberate controlled sell is typically quite bearish vs a quick sharp accellerated panic sell into support levels. I want to add some size again, but looking for a second opinion.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin

Thoughts on the market here?

428 should be significant on the SPY, but this slow drifting bleed has me concerned. A slow deliberate controlled sell is typically quite bearish vs a quick sharp accellerated panic sell into support levels. I want to add some size again, but looking for a second opinion.
Man I’m just way too busy to be following . It is not a good look, we are in a channel though . I’ll be taking another stab at qqq around 320 but for the next month at least I really don’t have the time to dedicate to watching market , working on house .

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man I’m just way too busy to be following . It is not a good look, we are in a channel though . I’ll be taking another stab at qqq around 320 but for the next month at least I really don’t have the time to dedicate to watching market , working on house .

Just hook a laptop/tablet mount up to your tractor!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I actually plan on doing that. Right now I barely have signal at farm with AT&T. I’m going to try switching to VZ or T-Mobile
Time to rabble rouse a new cell tower into the local area? You might be surprised at how effective a little bit of squeaky wheel can be in those kinds of things. Granted it might take a year, but still... better their money for cell towers than you having to pay to run wire everywhere!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Basically just positioning for adding lower. 400 shares on SPY 428/429 (got half fill right now), then leaving another 800 shares for low 400s if we get there. QQQ 320s has a very long term macro line. It will be interesting to keep on watch.

I actually plan on doing that. Right now I barely have signal at farm with AT&T. I’m going to try switching to VZ or T-Mobile

Honestly, just get signed up for Starlink, then get some bigger sized repeaters on the property to cover your wifi. Fuck local telcos.

• 1Like