Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My portfolio has now tanked so much that my previous worst investments are now my best longterm investments.

1651016114969.png

1651016129942.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I feel lucky I took a big part of my investments and put them to cash so I could collaterize paying cash for my new car. That’ll probably end up being my best investment of the year. My stocks sure look like a dumpster fire.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re Archegos: portfolio from $1.5 billion to $35 billion in a single year.

What a hustle.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going overweight GOOGL today. I think the selling isn't justified. Even if the market continues to skid lower this is a core global company. Aftermarket low his $2207. That puts its PE at 19.66 and EPS at $112.22. That price is an April 2021 level. Its PE hasnt been sub-20 since 2012. it has $27b in debt and a normalized EBITDA of $91b. It has a free cash flow of $67b.

I do think its mismanaged and there is actually more value in it if they spin off some of the segments because they waste too much money on pie in the sky projects. But there may not be a company out there with this type of fundamentals. Their biggest danger is government regulation and a monopoly investigation.

ps.. I do hate them personally in many ways, but investors should generally leave their emotions at the door. I allowed my dislike of them to prevent me from taking a position on Corona Black Monday at around $1100 a share.

1651063647934.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Re Archegos: portfolio from $1.5 billion to $35 billion in a single year.

What a hustle.
You don't make money like that without taking it from someone who has a lot more secret police than you. Here comes the boot of Gibs dat. RIP in pieces hwang.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Someone a few pages back mentioned how they thought they were doing so good and wondered why they were still going to work. Then market U-turn and said "well need to keep that job".

That is 100 percent me (well not exactly, I dont "need" to work but there are still some things I want in life besides just existing until death). 2020 I was raking in the money, some of 2021 too. Then gave it ALL BACK and then some to date.

Now im in that resignation feel "well I'll just keep putting my paychecks into my 401k and we will see whats up in a few years".

There are no get rich quick schemes. Can't believe I fell for it all, at my age. My only defense was I never was in a position like that before. Wish I fell for a smaller "get rich quick scheme" years ago, so I was more prepared for 2020/21, wall street bets, victory disease and all the rest.

p.s. Blazin, you said you'd come here and announce when you think we've reached the cliff. I keep watching for that post before I liquidate the last of my holdings (all will be at a loss of course)...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone a few pages back mentioned how they thought they were doing so good and wondered why they were still going to work. Then market U-turn and said "well need to keep that job".

That is 100 percent me (well not exactly, I dont "need" to work but there are still some things I want in life besides just existing until death). 2020 I was raking in the money, some of 2021 too. Then gave it ALL BACK and then some to date.

Now im in that resignation feel "well I'll just keep putting my paychecks into my 401k and we will see whats up in a few years".

There are no get rich quick schemes. Can't believe I fell for it all, at my age. My only defense was I never was in a position like that before. Wish I fell for a smaller "get rich quick scheme" years ago, so I was more prepared for 2020/21, wall street bets, victory disease and all the rest.

p.s. Blazin, you said you'd come here and announce when you think we've reached the cliff. I keep watching for that post before I liquidate the last of my holdings (all will be at a loss of course)...
Lots and lots of less old folks never experienced the '08 recession or the Dot-Com crash. It can be sobering to realize stonks can go down. And then down some more. And then down some more. It is the number one reason I only focus on blue chips of varying degrees. They have the best chance of coming out on the other side and not going to zero. I get laughed at now and again for saying how much I focus on financial fundamentals (income statements and balance sheets) when picking targets but the days we are experiencing are why I do it.