PYH2022051926110005700_P4.jpg

south korean refinery go boom.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I have been debating taking the ~15% loss I have on my tech stocks now, I keep hoping for the bounce but am really starting to think that until this Fed changes and maybe this President are gone we won't see much improvement. Interest rates and energy are too much of an anchor around the economies neck.

Our recent history tends to bias us to think a bounce is coming but I think it took something absolutely insane like 17 years for the nasdaq to return to its 2000 highs. And the dow was choppy and flat from 1966 to 1982 with barely any nominal gains and huge huge inflation adjusted losses.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been debating taking the ~15% loss I have on my tech stocks now, I keep hoping for the bounce but am really starting to think that until this Fed changes and maybe this President are gone we won't see much improvement. Interest rates and energy are too much of an anchor around the economies neck.

Our recent history tends to bias us to think a bounce is coming but I think it took something absolutely insane like 17 years for the nasdaq to return to its 2000 highs. And the dow was choppy and flat from 1966 to 1982 with barely any nominal gains and huge huge inflation adjusted losses.
When it comes to Tech, I would look at each individually. I think I will sell my AAPL and MSFT when the nukes beging flying and not before. If it's a less solid and mature tech company then maybe.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
When it comes to Tech, I would look at each individually. I think I will sell my AAPL and MSFT when the nukes beging flying and not before. If it's a less solid and mature tech company then maybe.
Even when the nukes start flying, the Vault governments will still need Excel.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the nukes start flying, I'm going to be relying on my investment in lead to payoff.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity