Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When turbo inflation hits we’ll be in for a shocking rally no doubt. That’s why I’m trying to shovel money into this dumpster fire.
Whether it starts going up tomorrow or not for 5 years from now, there is no better place to park cash so I just keep buying on support lines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Whether it starts going up tomorrow or not for 5 years from now, there is no better place to park cash so I just keep buying on support lines.
I'll probably catch crap for this but I have someone (big bank) invest for me since I can't find the time to do it myself properly. This is exactly what they've been doing. Back in Nov I allocated some cash to them and they originally planned on splitting it up over 12 months to average it. In January they called me up to say shit was going down hill, lets accelerate to six months.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Up nearly 40% on AMD call options. 03Jun $95C @2.55 each. Going to close ITM at this rate.

• 4Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because nothing has change...

I said it a few weeks ago, but there's literally no good news about the economy, heck, maybe about anything, coming out lately.

I mean, what exactly is going to make the market turn around all the sudden? As Furry Furry said, the only possibility might be inflation running so hot that dollars become so worthless that the indexes shoot up in the near term with gonzo money.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll probably catch crap for this but I have someone (big bank) invest for me since I can't find the time to do it myself properly. This is exactly what they've been doing. Back in Nov I allocated some cash to them and they originally planned on splitting it up over 12 months to average it. In January they called me up to say shit was going down hill, lets accelerate to six months.
When its going to indexes and for the long term its (in my opinion) the right approach to average on the way down (either at fixed intervals or at support lines). I am being very, very picky with individual stocks the last month or so and just adding to stocks I already own.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dead cats & violent bear market bounces are always a thing. Doesn't mean the selling is over longer term. These moves over the long term are never a 1 way ticket.

PS. 55% on my calls

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its all a simulation...

1653077089004.png

• 1Jonesing

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's the big boy push to stop from closing on >20% SPY bear market status.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whatever you want to think about today's selling, it is very important to note that this is still quite an orderly sell. Grinding lower. We haven't even begun to see capitulation and accellerated downside. Just something to be aware of if you are out there thinking of swinging for longs in this environment.
Quoting myself, as this is exactly what I was implying:

• 1Mother of God

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a roller coaster. Whose making all the money from this volatility?
I made a good chunk today 😊

I keep using the idea, what will fuck retail the most and i trade around that.

1653079118616.png

Retail is going all in on the bounce right now.

1653079193592.png

Monday is going to be redder than a mother fucker.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, there's no way that's the bottom. This is going to be a long painful grind downwards from what it looks like.

• 1Beagling

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I made a good chunk today 😊

I keep using the idea, what will fuck retail the most and i trade around that.

View attachment 413414

Retail is going all in on the bounce right now.

View attachment 413415

Monday is going to be redder than a mother fucker.
That's no crazier than a lot of strats. Other than the Inverse Cramer Fund, that shit is a printer!

Memes aside, been DCA buying small amounts of TQQQ since about $42. Current cost basis is 35.65 after buying some more today at 26.12 in the middle of that power hour pump. If we get some bounces above about 45 I'll reassess if we're going to stay around there with potential to head back to 60 in which case I'll hold for that long and MAYBE even get some SQQQ at that point like I should have done this last time back in April.

If we get a further drop as Gravel Gravel is suspecting, I'll just keep up what I've been doing. The interesting thing with TQQQ is the T part. It looks catastrophic since I'm down like 23%... BUUTTT that's only 7.5% that QQQ has to move to be in the green, which is like 2.5 days trading in this clown market, lol.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Not generally a big ZH fan but they post some interesting history sometimes, last time Dow was down 8 weeks straight was 99 years ago, not even the great depression had this many down weeks in a row!

• 1Launch Fail
  • 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's no crazier than a lot of strats. Other than the Inverse Cramer Fund, that shit is a printer!

Memes aside, been DCA buying small amounts of TQQQ since about $42. Current cost basis is 35.65 after buying some more today at 26.12 in the middle of that power hour pump. If we get some bounces above about 45 I'll reassess if we're going to stay around there with potential to head back to 60 in which case I'll hold for that long and MAYBE even get some SQQQ at that point like I should have done this last time back in April.

If we get a further drop as Gravel Gravel is suspecting, I'll just keep up what I've been doing. The interesting thing with TQQQ is the T part. It looks catastrophic since I'm down like 23%... BUUTTT that's only 7.5% that QQQ has to move to be in the green, which is like 2.5 days trading in this clown market, lol.
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not generally a big ZH fan but they post some interesting history sometimes, last time Dow was down 8 weeks straight was 99 years ago, not even the great depression had this many down weeks in a row!
Well, what do you expect? The market was completely irrational for 2 years, kept going up while the entire world was falling apart on every level (greater than half of which was entirely self-inflicted.)

The question isn't why are we down so much, but why were we up so much?

• 1Like