Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am still stalking ABBV for re-entry. I still like it at the 200-DMA around $134

1654179614768.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10:13 (US) Fed’s Brainard (vice chair): Right now very hard to see case for a pause, seeing some signals of strength on economy but also some signs of cooling - CNBC
- Too early to say but some signals suggest heading towards better balance in labor markets
- Acknowledges there is a fair amount of uncertainty out there
- There is a path to see demand cool and inflation come down
- Want to see consistent string of decelerating monthly core prints before I am confident we are moving back towards inflation goal
- We don't have ability to affect supply shocks
- Can see monetary policy transmission is working
- Market pricing for 50 bps hikes at next two meetings seem reasonable, but after that will have to see where data takes us
- Right now very hard to see case for a pause;
We would respond to downside shocks accordingly but there would be risks
- QT might be worth 2-3 fed funds rate hikes
- Mixed picture on housing for sure, watching prices very closely
- Expect to seeing slowing growth abroad
- Look at overall tightening in financial conditions not one specific measure to guide us as it pertains to the US dollar

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brainard's comments on "hard to see a case for a pause" is what dumped the market at ~10:15.

Last week's bounce was optimism that the Fed will pause hikes after the summer, but more Fed speakers keep downplaying that idea.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Goddam, I wish that stupid fucking communist would shut her mouth lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The more this goes on the more it just feels like all the masters got together and decided: "Middle class actually feeling comfortable enough to retire at a reasonable age instead of working themselves into the grave, time to pop this bubble we've been creating for years."

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the Fed speakers are all coordinated to enact the "soft landing" they are praying for. When the markets get a little upward traction they rush out to spew shit to push it back down.

• 1Rustled

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In fairness, the market had some strength the first 40minutes. Despite the lows it kept making, the 5min charts were consistently putting in big bottom wicks (low prices kept being bought up). Brainard's comments pushed us to basically double bottom SPY from yesterday and we have bounced back grinding higher since. Fairly strong buyers are here today. We need to break over and hold ~415 SPY though to get another leg higher. Anything between this 407-415 level, I basically am considering as constructive consolidation.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me two days ago:
The UK government did the same shit here with a "windfall tax" being levied onto oil and gas companies (supposedly to counter record profits). You can damn well be sure those new tax costs will be passed onto the consumer. We truly live in clown world.
Like clockwork:

12:02 (US) White House adviser Ramamurti: Administration has considered congressional proposal to tax oil and gas windfall profits

• 1Let's Go Brandon!
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Me two days ago:

Like clockwork:

12:02 (US) White House adviser Ramamurti: Administration has considered congressional proposal to tax oil and gas windfall profits
Let me know when it has 60 votes in the Senate.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR +52% in the last week or so. No, I have zero idea why. Maybe the shorts have found a better target. I am not complaining mind you.

1654189571794.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Me two days ago:

Like clockwork:

It's like these fucking retards don't understand what happens to investors (regular and institutional) when you start arbitrarily taxing whole sectors because they dared to make more of a profit than someone slapdicked politician who has never had a real job thinks is fair. Where are the taxes on social media companies windfall profits from the COVID lockdown?

• 1Mic Drop

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bears going back into hibernation for a while.

Easily have room to run to SPY 425/430 before next resistance levels

• 1Tendies

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Get in faggots, we’re going to the moon.

The more this goes on the more it just feels like all the masters got together and decided: "Middle class actually feeling comfortable enough to retire at a reasonable age instead of working themselves into the grave, time to pop this bubble we've been creating for years."

Even you, 🏳️‍🌈🐻

• 1Like