Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I know at my job (I work for an airlines) they've trimmed down/canceled on some future new hire training classes. A big change from the panic to hire anything that moved for the last year.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Zero accountability for these fucks getting things retardedly wrong.

Elon has way more accountability. If he's wrong he gets the screws.
Imagine being *the* expert on something and your excuse for your abysmal failure is literally "i didnt understand".

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know at my job (I work for an airlines) they've trimmed down/canceled on some future new hire training classes. A big change from the panic to hire anything that moved for the last year.
I'm assuming what you are talking about is not related to pilots?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dont follow the market all that closely, but I used to years ago.

What is a basic TLDR on why the market continues to rip up when there is not a single positive piece of economic data out there.

Middle class is getting ripped to shreds, inflation is killing everyone, gas is the highest in history, food shortages, supply chain problems, small business closing left and right...on and on..

Yet the market jusr keeps going up.
The market has taken a giant shit this year, it’s not ripping up anymore like last year. It is extremely volatile so you can look at it one day and see a huge gain day at any given time, randomly, on no news…but overall the market has crashed. Those rip up days will be followed by multiple rip down days.

E0413402-D774-4003-A6A8-D4DB44659BB4.jpeg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I sort of get Blazins point. Consdering EVERYTHING the market should be down to 20k DJI and everything frozen and people jumping from windows in NY just like the good ole days.
But why? Go to any restaurant, grocery store, big box store or strip mall parking lot and you see every parking space full even in the poorest, shittiest parts of this shithole state that I live in.

Yes, there's some higher prices, housing is a mess, gas is totally fucked, especially diesel, but this recession isn't impacting main street nearly as much as it's panicking "the elites" so far. This is a bunch of bankers and CEOs screaming "ermahgerd we can't get free money to paper over our mistakes anymore, and have to make sound financial decisions like real business people again."

If diesel remains this high going through winter, a lot of people in the colder parts of the US are going to get seriously fucked and holiday spending is going to go through the floor. But right now, main street businesses seem fine even if Wall Street is crying over the problems they helped create.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What is happening in the market movements isnt strange or new. This happens more often then people might believe. We are in a period where every rip gets sold. It will stay this way until the sellers get punished for selling the rips. Right now there is no bullish sentiment to make the sellers pay. It has happened before. It will happen again. Just take your dividend reinvestments and be happy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But why? Go to any restaurant, grocery store, big box store or strip mall parking lot and you see every parking space full even in the poorest, shittiest parts of this shithole state that I live in.

Yes, there's some higher prices, housing is a mess, gas is totally fucked, especially diesel, but this recession isn't impacting main street nearly as much as it's panicking "the elites" so far. This is a bunch of bankers and CEOs screaming "ermahgerd we can't get free money to paper over our mistakes anymore, and have to make sound financial decisions like real business people again."

If diesel remains this high going through winter, a lot of people in the colder parts of the US are going to get seriously fucked and holiday spending is going to go through the floor. But right now, main street businesses seem fine even if Wall Street is crying over the problems they helped create.
It's true. We're over here crying everyday.

Animated GIF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1654290940887.png

lol, every company should just fire 10% of the workforce that isn't working on the actual damn product on a regular basis.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 5 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That might be worse than Cramer saying buy…

anecdotally as a mid manager of a large company we had McKinsey in a couple years ago on a big transformation project and amid sage advice such as if you sold product for more you would have better margins they were also huge on pushing the 10-20% staffing cuts. I am actually a big believer in that, every old company gets huge bloat. And most also start spending insanely on projects to totally revolutionize business. A lot of times I think the best ceo is just the guy who can make the painful write down and stop throwing good money after bad on projects.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That might be worse than Cramer saying buy…

anecdotally as a mid manager of a large company we had McKinsey in a couple years ago on a big transformation project and amid sage advice such as if you sold product for more you would have better margins they were also huge on pushing the 10-20% staffing cuts. I am actually a big believer in that, every old company gets huge bloat. And most also start spending insanely on projects to totally revolutionize business. A lot of times I think the best ceo is just the guy who can make the painful write down and stop throwing good money after bad on projects.
lol at taking McKinsey's advice about anything but /shrug.

So much of what's going on is politically manufactured coming straight from bullshit companies like McKinsey.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
lol at taking McKinsey's advice about anything but /shrug.

So much of what's going on is politically manufactured coming straight from bullshit companies like McKinsey.
McKinsey... The company you go to when you feel like paying $10M-$50M in order to train some recent MBA grads to learn your business and feed you back platitudes right off the top of the "If it were that fucking easy we'd be doing it already" pile.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
McKinsey... The company you go to when you feel like paying $10M-$50M in order to train some recent MBA grads to learn your business and feed you back platitudes right off the top of the "If it were that fucking easy we'd be doing it already" pile.
Most consulting firms are actually hired by some EVP of C-level to win an argument they're having with another EVP or C-level. The person that hired them already has a conclusion in mind that they want the consulting firm to reach and is just paying someone to come in and give them ammo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RandalBeyal

<Banned>
For older players, today's market is definitely expensive. I can consider myself an old player too. I started my investment in BTC in 2011. So far, I still remember that in February 2011, BTC reached $ 1.00, and a few months later, it had a sharp increase and reached $ 10. Then I realized that my investments would be profitable, and I did not fail. I read a lot of books, and I worked with many companies to make my investments profitable. I made my strategic plan, and I took all the steps intelligently. My crypto projects also helped me a lot to be profitable. Now I have more, but the first one I did in 2018 with the help of Crypto Launchpad BHero - Connect with Maiar on Elrond. That's how my investments became successful.

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users