Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trading that SPY 407-417 range. Simple as. Break above or below is the move, until then, chop in this zone.

(This is the 7th consecutive trading day in this range. Consolidation for a leg higher, or a breakdown to follow.. take your pick)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
at least Bitcoin is consistently oscillating between 29k and 31k. Been buying and selling GBTC for some decent gains.

• 3Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
09:07 [INTC] CitiGroup Reiterates INTC with Neutral; Expect Intel to negatively pre-announce or miss 2Q22 guidance (update)

Yesterday (7 June) at a competitor conference, Intel appeared to talk down the quarter as company management mentioned that circumstances are worse than expected during the quarter. We would note we have published multiple updates on flagging PC sales as well as lowering estimates on Intel earlier this week (see: note). We now expect Intel to negatively pre-announce or miss 2Q22 guidance and are lowering estimates accordingly. We maintain our Street-low 2023 EPS of $1.55 or a YoY decline of 34% and reiterate our Neutral rating

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is like the last company I'd expect to miss. People are chucking money at computer parts.
They were when the free stimulus money was rolling in. Not so much now. You can also see this in graphics card inventories / prices returning to "normal".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is like the last company I'd expect to miss. People are chucking money at computer parts.
The enthusiast subsegment of the consumer segment for Intel is an incredibly small percent of revenue.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The enthusiast subsegment of the consumer segment for Intel is an incredibly small percent of revenue.
I just haven't heard much news about the chip supply glut that is currently ongoing I guess.

In other news, Russia seems to be taking strong steps to keep the Ruble around the low 60s to the dollar. A slow shift is the most economically sensible path for the ruble, as the end game for them is devaluing the dollar, not increasing the value of the Ruble. Despite that, it continues to go up in value, and has become far more traded that it ever was in the past.

At the rate things are going, the Yuan and Ruble will supplant the dollar entirely in the east before long. If they're determined to keep it stable, expect further rate cuts. I said it at the time, and I'll say it again. Sanctioning Russia was the biggest financial blunder in America's history. #winning

wooop.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
12:30 (US) SEC Gensler outlines plan for new stock market rules; Would consider routing equity trades into competitive auctions
- New rules would mandate market makers disclose more data around payment for order flow fees and timing of trades
- SEC rules would include an agency specific definition of so-called best execution for equities and other securities
- New rules would see broker dealers, market centers disclose more daya around order execution quality to benefit investors, including monthly summary of price improvement and other statistics

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14:39 (US) White House Press Sec: we expect the inflation numbers on Friday will be 'elevated'

White House apparently getting out in front of Friday's CPI print.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
14:39 (US) White House Press Sec: we expect the inflation numbers on Friday will be 'elevated'

White House apparently getting out in front of Friday's CPI print.
They tried to impeach Trump for doing this exact same shit only with his they were good numbers he was touting.

• 1Picard

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Just substitute your steak for some ground turkey thats past the sell by. And you don’t even have housing expenses if youre homeless.

the only really interesting thing will be the fed action if the print is a big miss. Like if we hit 10% do they actually somewhat do their jobs and give us a 100bps increase this week?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So much money to be made in Canadian oil right now.

Some small caps trading at 1.8x EV/CF and a 35 percent free cash flow yield. It's like raining free money. I've been screaming to buy energy for 8 months and people still look at me like im on crazy pills.

Net sector debt free q2 2023, 100% FCF returns to shareholders through NCIB or divs @100 wti.

Am I wrong?
LOL at me,

Hubris is the enemy of an investor.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Tendies
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I wouldn't be investing in anything China right now. Looks like their economy is going to shit the bed even worse than we can imagine.

They had an 100,000 person emergency meeting on May 25th on how bad their economy is going to be:

Combine this with the pullback in goods from Target, Walmart, Amazon etc...that get their cheap goods from China.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPY trying to break below this 8 session long trading range (407.04). If we get a hot CPI print tomorrow, we can very quickly be back to lows.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
SPY trying to break below this 8 session long trading range (407.04). If we get a hot CPI print tomorrow, we can very quickly be back to lows.

You know I hate 🏳️‍🌈🐻, but I have to agree brother.

Feels like it will be a dog shit CPI print tomorrow, based on the rhetoric coming out of the WH / Treasury.

Scalped my tiny profits, and grabbing some popcorn. Maybe find a nice re-entry point amidst the carnage 👍