Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whats up boys. Been busy lately but figured I'd drop in and say hey.
Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Crypto is getting omegarekt and some doomers are saying it will bring everything down. Its mildly interesting.
That’s next level analysis. All of crypto combined is less than .1% of apple. It’s really not major factor in global markets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When looking at the market just remember as bad as it is you could have been all in on ARKK.

1655150560336.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
100 basis points is "extreme". Fucktards.
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe had they raised them 1% a year ago we wouldn't be in this situation. You know, when they were denying inflation or claiming it would be transitory. At this point 1% just makes us bleed slightly faster.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was thinking the same thing. Maybe had they raised them 1% a year ago we wouldn't be in this situation. You know, when they were denying inflation or claiming it would be transitory. At this point 1% just makes us bleed slightly faster.
My hunch is in their hubris they all say around telling each other "they could make this crash painless if they just eased into it".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My hunch is in their hubris they all say around telling each other "they could make this crash painless if they just eased into it".
They were probably right. But they used that time to fellate themselves about "well, we'll wait and see and maybe do something next year in February." They wasted probably 9 months where they could've reacted, and lying about something that even most lay people were calling out.

I'm not convinced it would've avoided what's to come, but it definitely would've helped "soften" it a bit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Crypto is getting omegarekt and some doomers are saying it will bring everything down. Its mildly interesting.
The total market cap of all crypto assets is now under a trillion dollars. It was up to 3 trillion at it's peak.

Even if it goes to 0 from here, it won't lose more than it's already lost, so it can't cause a bigger externalized impact on the way down than it already has falling to where it is right now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The total market cap of all crypto assets is now under a trillion dollars. It was up to 3 trillion at it's peak.

Even if it goes to 0 from here, it won't lose more than it's already lost, so it can't cause a bigger externalized impact on the way down than it already has falling to where it is right now.
It was some tweet by someone talking about the issues it will cause to non financial assets tied to bitcoin. Too lazy to look for it but El Salvadore is surely fucked if this shit goes to 0.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It was some tweet by someone talking about the issues it will cause to non financial assets tied to bitcoin. Too lazy to look for it but El Salvadore is surely fucked if this shit goes to 0.
Yeah but they were already fucked.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Russia and China are import led economies; how do they get their vital food, energy, and raw material imports in this new non-global world?

LOL, is this Wakandan for real?

Russia is the largest exporter of food and energy in the world. Something theyre more than happy to share with China.

• 1Truth!

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It is absolutely linked; if those four countries abandoned the dollar policy tomorrow, how long would this new union with their own currency take to become self sufficient? Could they even work together enough to make it work with all of those power dynamics? And after all of that, do you think that in this scenario the dollar goes to 0 the day it is announced and the USA does nothing to try and regroup the rest of the world, blockade those 4, and force this into a war of attrition?

LOL, it would cripple the dollar overnight. Between the 4 of them, they have all the food, energy, raw material and finished products anyone could want. What would you buy from US that you couldnt buy from those 4 better and less gayer?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
LOL, is this Wakandan for real?

Russia is the largest exporter of food and energy in the world. Something theyre more than happy to share with China.

LOL, it would cripple the dollar overnight. Between the 4 of them, they have all the food, energy, raw material and finished products anyone could want. What would you buy from US that you couldnt buy from those 4 better and less gayer?

Come on man, this is the real world; Russia is more than happy to share with China.... until it is them vs. the world and China starts exerting their will over Russia and demanding more food for less of some other good and service. And then you add in Iran and India with their own goals and you think they are going to just happily provide everything that the other 3 need for the greater good! I am a realist and agree that the USA would experience vast hardships in any of these scenarios; but you people that think the USA goes down with a whimper and your favorite motherland or boogyman nation is going to ascend to fill that void with 0 pain and rule the world in the USA's stead are sniffing glue.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Come on man, this is the real world; Russia is more than happy to share with China.... until it is them vs. the world and China starts exerting their will over Russia and demanding more food for less of some other good and service. And then you add in Iran and India with their own goals and you think they are going to just happily provide everything that the other 3 need for the greater good! I am a realist and agree that the USA would experience vast hardships in any of these scenarios; but you people that think the USA goes down with a whimper and your favorite motherland or boogyman nation is going to ascend to fill that void with 0 pain and rule the world in the USA's stead are sniffing glue.

Theyre already doing it. Its more beneficial for those 4 to cooperate than dealing with the West and USgAy

But what do you think happens to US and its $100T+ debt and obligations when no one cares about the USD anymore?

This is just in last 3 months

1655153955795.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So I don't know how reliable this is, but I've been hearing this is various places. Take it how you will

Chinese banks having runs has been an every day occurrence for years

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I don't know how reliable this is, but I've been hearing this is various places. Take it how you will

There was a run on crypto exchanges today, but they all had "bugs" and had to stop redemptions "for a while".

• 1Solidarity