Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I’ve been at one of Motorolas corporate office this last couple weeks.

I’ve been floating the idea of avaya operating a cloud based service on the cheap for them in a purchase.

I’m doing my part Mist Mist
I used to work on Vesta 911 systems as well, which Motorola purchased from Airbus DS Communications.

Motorola is a definitely a potential buyer. Extreme is possibly another.

SeanDoe1z1

They’ve made some larger purchases the last couple years I was only half joking.

I’m probably going to jump the avaya ship for those short term gains which of course means it’ll moon.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol at ZH

1660154213457.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
DIS:
  • Earnings per share: $1.09 per share vs. 96 cents expected, according to a Refinitiv survey of analysts
  • Revenue: $21.5 billions vs. $20.96 billion expected, according to Refinitiv
  • Disney+ total subscriptions: 152.1 million vs 147.76 million expected, according to StreetAccount
Disney’s parks, experiences and products division saw revenue increase 72% to $7.4 billion during the quarter, up from $4.3 billion during the same period last year. The company said it saw increases in attendance, occupied room nights and cruise ship sailings.

• 1Rustled

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR earnings came in with a double beat.
Things I saw.
Started deploying L-band satellites. Noted these are critical for "government customers". L band can be used for aircraft surveillance.

Revenue up 113% yoy. ARR (annual recurring revenue due to them putting customers on contracts) +133% yoy. Added 65 new ARR customers (+10%) in the quarter. $85m in ARR with 692 customers is roughly $125k annually per customer.

Based on their shrinking cash burn rate and current balance sheet, they have enough cash and credit line available to fund operations for the next 2.5 years without needing more funding.

Its still a microcap crapshoot (doing about $90m a year in revenue) but hopefully these earnings scare off some of the shorts who have hammered the stock.

Full disclosure: I am long. I owned since it was a SPAC and flipped it for profit post-merger mania. i then sunk all those profits back in when it crashed back to reality. Its currently trading at 2.8 times 2022 guided revenue.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just had the weirdest thing happen. Like 90% of my board pre-market just went from deep green to red and then everything slowly moved back green again. Like the whole mark insta-puked and then went.. nah just kidding.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What’s up with it? Now 40%
10 Aug 16:10 [MTTR] Reports Q2 -$0.12 v -$0.14e, Rev $28.5M v $29.4Me
- Guides Q3 -$0.13 to -$0.15 v -$0.13e, Rev $35-37M v $33Me
- Raises FY22 -$0.46 to -$0.50 v -$0.49e, Rev $132-138M v $126Me (prior: -$0.47 to -$0.52, Rev $125-135M)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So eager to see how SPY handles 200d above. We just pushed through some pretty tough resistance. No matter how many times I see it, it's always impressive watching pivots in sentiment, and of course perma bears are always worth a chuckle as they struggle with market dynamics. We should be reaching the "it's rigged" stage soon rather than "I was wrong"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So eager to see how SPY handles 200d above. We just pushed through some pretty tough resistance. No matter how many times I see it, it's always impressive watching pivots in sentiment, and of course perma bears are always worth a chuckle as they struggle with market dynamics. We should be reaching the "it's rigged" stage soon rather than "I was wrong"
I am wondering if we are seeing the bigs doing accelerated buybacks looking at the new tax on buybacks coming.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I am wondering if we are seeing the bigs doing accelerated buybacks looking at the new tax on buybacks coming.
That's almost certainly gonna happen this year and next. I'll bet even those that didn't really have buy back plans will consider them. Probably setting us up for a market flop in 2024.

But hey, the stock market is the economy. Everything else is just noise.

• 1Like