Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BBBY

1660665956331.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Molten Core Raider
Lol. I picked up a few shares on my small webull account at 4.75 when it started gaining chat momentum on the offchance it moved. sold for a small profit a few days later at 5 and change. Think it was 12-13 percent profit. I wasn't unhappy, but.. would have been more happy if I wasn't paper hands mcgee

• 4Paper Hands
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just lightened my positions by a fair bit. We are so very well extended in a very short period of time. Expecting a pullback of some sort in the coming days/weeks.

Look at your charts and keep an eye how far away the SPY / QQQ gets extended (either direction) from the 20D EMA. Whenever we get too far out, we typically snap back like a rubber band. The further the extension, the more voilent the move back.

Just a way to trade around positions and generate better returns on actively managed portfolios.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Up 10% on those puts already. :cool:

**edit** ~20%

**edit** 30%

**edit** 40%

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2To the Moon!
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been looking to trim some stuff but kept missing the sell prices as I saw this run going a little too far too fast without any real externalities being addressed. AMZN was the first I finally got to hit. I have been looking to trim by half my TSLA at $955. Also might be trimming V in the near future.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First time in a while I am starting to see price target increases instead of decreases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nice homerun trade. 60%+

Really only need one of these a month.
While not as chunky as yours, AMZN did exactly what I expected it to do. Profits banked and will begin looking for a landing area to buy back in.

• 2Tendies
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reminder that FOMC minutes from last meeting come at 2pm. Likely to see some chop today until then.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
14:00 *(US) FOMC JULY MEETING MINUTES: OFFICIALS SAW ONGOING RATE HIKES AS APPROPRIATE; SAW RISK IF PUBLIC QUESTIONS FED'S INFLATION RESOLVE
- Moving to restrictive stance is required

- Participants 'concurred' future rate hikes would depend on incoming information, judged that 'at some point' it would be appropriate to slow pace of increases
- Many officials saw risk Fed could tighten more than necessary

- Some officials say appropriate to maintain restrictive policy 'for some time'
- Pace of increases and extent of tightening dependent on economic outlook
- Participants agreed there was 'little evidence' inflation pressures were subsiding and that it would take considerable time for situation to be resolved

- Participants noted recent readings on inflation expectations were 'consistent' with long-run expectations anchored at 2%
- Strength of labor market suggests economic activity stronger than implied by weak Q2, raising possibility of upward GDP revision

• 1Like