Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Crazy as this sounds big oil might be a decent buy for the 6-12 month window. As things start to thaw out and OPEC continues to cut supply we should see the glut eaten up by end of summer. And all the shale minors who go belly up make things better for XOM and CVX. I can't see how either of these don't turn 20% from their current prices.

My XOM has already made me 40 percent.

Crazy the gains that are happening today. My individual YOLO account is almost back to where it was pre-crash, and thats after liquidating it after my IVV took a 20 percent hit. (liquidated the IVV to throw the dice on some individual stocks).

My 401k which I have left alone is fast catching back up too. Hope it just lasts and we enter another 10 year bull...

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Next stop SPY 300, 200 day moving avg. This is a super frustrating market but I hope there is some reading that learn from it why I wouldn't abandon longs despite my feeling that the a move this far was unwarranted. If I just followed my feelings rather than the price action, I'd be worse off. I will be watching very closely at numerous indicators as near this long term average. We get up on top of the 200 day for an extended period then this was not a bear market but an extreme correction or we have just witnessed a massive bear market rally that stalls out. Either way it's record setting and has really stretched historical standards.

If you have too much cash don't panic, we have 7 months left in this year the market will have weak periods. You don't need to buy the top of a 30% rally in a month.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My 401k which I have left alone is fast catching back up too. Hope it just lasts and we enter another 10 year bull...

This is why I was hoping for more pain a proper flush out and double bottom that could be built on. Traditionally this type of rally is not the thing decade long bull markets are built on. The Fed actions have really muddied the water, zombie companies dying is part of a healthy refresh of clearing out malinvestment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There really isn't a whole lot to buy right now. The shit that has prices down near the lows deserves to be down there and shouldn't be touched.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It must suck to be one of the twenty-five or so companies in the entire S&P 500 to not be green today.
Im rustled. AMD doesnt pull guidance and says China Flu wont have any real impact in 2020 yet it drops just as much as those retards at Intel pulling guidance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I bought some Puts on FVRR. I like the company and had been looking for an entry point and then it went parabolic. No way it keeps this price level.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Something really odd. XOM call options for May 15. $70 strike. 142 contracts were purchased. Thats 14,200 shares. At a strike of $70. Thats a 49% increase in 16 days. WTF? Only 27 contracts were sold at the lower strike of $65.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Something really odd. XOM call options for May 15. $70 strike. 142 contracts were purchased. Thats 14,200 shares. At a strike of $70. Thats a 49% increase in 16 days. WTF? Only 27 contracts were sold at the lower strike of $65.

Didn't you read, oil is the cheapest its ever been, time to buy in. Crude and XOM going to the moon.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

You would have to more info it could just be the person who sold those calls long ago "buying to close". For example I bought to close some puts on SPY today with a $270 strike at $0.04. If someone reads that thinking someone came along and bought those puts thinking the trader was making a bet on a large drop when in fact I was just closing a trade. (A very profitable one)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No dollar amounts, but here is my current portfolio if anyone has any questions or comments or suggestions. Sorry for the shitty phone pic.

20200429_150452.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users