Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1wctkm.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Might be able to make a run at SPX 3000 by tomorrow, and have nasdaq go green on the year. A final blow off top tomorrow after hours following Apple and Amazon earnings. At this point we may see the narrative switch from talk of retests to talk of a double top.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Any of you savvy guys want to give opinions on US Steel?

Bought 500 at 6?

Feels good

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's up $80/share in After hours. It released earnings after the bell.

I was one check away from buying another 10 shares when my wife got laid off, ALMOST used margin buying loan crap to buy it.

Pussied out.

Happy I have my shares I bought last year at 500 tho

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My account today. Poor AMD.

Off screen MSFT, also green.

56151246-4102-4FBF-A8A7-17F035FA92C4.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Curious if any of you have an opinion on the macro situation. I'm not that economically savvy but have taken an interest in the past year or so. Everything I'm seeing and hearing indicates that the bottom could drop out of the market at any point. I've heard a number of arguments that things are set up to crash (some more shrill than others) but haven't heard a great argument that everything is going to just keep humming along as it is.

From my novice perspective anything that I haven't designated as buy and hold no matter what should be sitting in cash and waiting. Open to hearing counterpoints from those of you still comfortable with your investments.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly my buy and hold mentality is probably based on "feelings". I've traveled the world a lot and most of it is as Trump says, a shithole. The non-shithole parts are filled with what we'd consider inefficient people living off more efficient yesterdays (looking at you Europe).

I see us as a financial brain drain on the rest of the world. The smart people of the world who actually make money in the above mentioned shitholes or sleepy has-been countries will continue to invest here.

Why fights against geopolitics and economic manifest destiny type thing. Who knows but thats why I'm forever bullish on the USA. Worse comes to worse, we got the military. Look how Hitler propped up Germany (for awhile) with loot gotten in occupied countries. Its never going to come to that but god forbid, we are holding ALL the cards.

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Curious if any of you have an opinion on the macro situation. I'm not that economically savvy but have taken an interest in the past year or so. Everything I'm seeing and hearing indicates that the bottom could drop out of the market at any point. I've heard a number of arguments that things are set up to crash (some more shrill than others) but haven't heard a great argument that everything is going to just keep humming along as it is.

From my novice perspective anything that I haven't designated as buy and hold no matter what should be sitting in cash and waiting. Open to hearing counterpoints from those of you still comfortable with your investments.

My post history here goes into detail how this entire way of thinking is inappropriate. Nobody who would answer your question in the way it's presented has any idea what they are talking about. We do have a few of those so maybe one of them will bite.

We have the first Job loss Thursday number (another 3.84M) that we didn't rally on the number.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The trick with "everything I am seeing and hearing" is you aren't looking and listening at enough. There is no consensus on anything when it comes to the market. There are always bulls and there are always bears.

My advice is to expand what you read and hear. You need to see both sides of the equation. Especially in times like today. The times I really worry is when everyone, and I mean everyone, is in agreement.

Ps.. check the interest rate on that cash position you have. It isnt overly hard to beat like 0.6% annual rate of return.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Flobee Flobee

I'm in a similar spot.

Have a nagging feeling this could spiral into big D depression, and I should dump stocks for physical items now.

I know that's an over reaction, but the nagging is there

• 1Like