Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, not calling you out specifically. Just pointing out that I have had DRIP for SPY shares without any issue at all.

In case you missed the edit:

1667920767050.png

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I guess being popular with 20 something ultra liberals but unpopular with parents is a bad move for a company focused on kids.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The week’s price action on TSLA has been fairly obvious that some big player(s) have been unloading shares.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I have an idea of what is going on, but I would really appreciate if one of the local masters could help guide me or let me know if I am failing to understand something...

I have a few little shit stocks(sub 2.00$) that I swing from time to time. Perhaps not the brightest idea and a discussion for another thread, but I never have much capital invested anyway(talking under 5k). I've been doing it to practice chart reading and see if I can accurately time 5%+ shifts....anyway, on to my curiosity.

Symbol: GNUS
  • Currently ~= .68 which seems to be a pretty solid support level. It's been loitering there or a few cents lower for months, not much movement
  • Recently I have seen a large number of calls at the $1 or higher rate for Jan 2023
  • If my FoH education has taught me anything it's either....
    • People seriously believe it would be above 1$ by January 2023
    • Someone thinks the economy is going to recover and this little fucker will get a cash injection
    • There is some news or information about the company I am failing to notice
    • People with tons of money said fuck it the risk is low because the calls are .05$

Fidelity backtester claims it has a 6% chance of being above 1$ and my entire history of swinging does not indicate it would be above 1$. A few times in the past it spiked to 2$ but that was overnight and went away in less than 2 days. I also checked the news on it and other than buying back some shares on Oct 17th, nothing of note.

Some guidance? I know it's easy to say this shit happens because it's a shit stock with shit fundamentals, but I have played with this and TME for the last 6 months or so and this makes no sense to me.

At the moment I don't see any reason to jump back in(though I would if it hit .65$ maybe) but I'm tempted to go for it if these are indicators that there is sentiment it would go back to a 1$ in under 3 months.

Attachments

• backtest.png
    backtest.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 4
  • options.png
    options.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 5

Molten Core Raider
Random semi useful(useless) things about GNUS.

Earnings before market on the 14th (unless they move the date, has happened a few times previously)

They didn't ACTUALLY buy back shares, they settled a lawsuit with the owners of a company they bought/merged and agreed to pay them 1.98 (I think that was what it was?) a share for their shares. It was just a settlement, not a real share buy back like what most people think of.

A few things coming up the fanbois hope will move the stock, something with Stan Lee in December, Shaqs garage supposed to come out early next year I think?

They have *I THINK (pls ftloffs dont quote me on that!)* 3-4 months left until compliance issues. Last time they were low on time it ran up over a dollar for 10 days, they regained compliance and then dumped again.

My wife and I have been doing the same thing with GNUS, I made a solid chunk off that run up to 11 bucks a few years back and have been scaling in and out with play money for several years. I dont have the same confidence in it I once did though, so I dont pay quite as much attention to it. Still holding shares from the dollar area down to about the .60s.

PS MOST of the hype left in this is centered around hopes of a buyout (with the popular company being disney) They have some odd IP rights to the stan lee stuff that Disney didnt get and I think the hope is Disney just gets tired of paying them and buys the company. I am not as optimistic as the dyed in the wool fanbois about this but... who the fuck knows.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
karma karma
Actually that is exactly the context I was looking for and that I missed. Thank you. I won't quote you on anything and I've been doing what I was doing before any of your comments, it was just a pretty easy swing for me because it was good practice on charts and indicators where a few cents was still a 5% gain in a week(or on the odd occasion I got caught bag holding for 2-3 weeks teaching me some fun lessons).

What you said makes perfect sense, it's probably:
  • fanboy hope for whatever comes out in Dec.
  • Another scheme to become compliant then dump again
  • or a buyout from disney
Awesome context and thanks. I was not around for it during the 11$ phase. I just did a search a while back for stocks under 5 that have decent daily movement so I could practice without doing that fake dollar trading thing.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tesla:
Between Elon selling another ~$4B shares and the company holding bitcoin on their balance sheet, this stock has really pulled in. If it doesn't reclaim this ~180.40 level, the next stop down isn't until ~167.50

This thing is currently getting pulled down with the sinking crypto ship.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tesla:
Between Elon selling another ~$4B shares and the company holding bitcoin on their balance sheet, this stock has really pulled in. If it doesn't reclaim this ~180.40 level, the next stop down isn't until ~167.50

This thing is currently getting pulled down with the sinking crypto ship.
I thought Elon dumped the BTC on the balance sheet a while back. I could be mistaken though. I am at a half position on it now so slowly stalking addition spots.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
10y falling off a cliff at the close. Somebody running for safety. Bigly.

1668028643483.png

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPIR reported earnings.
Missed on EPS beat on Rev. Not surprising on the EPS miss. Inflation killing companies' costs. Trading up on super light volume (2k shares). $98m in Annual Recurring Revenue and a net loss of -$20m for the quarter puts them on the correct trajectory for profitability.

Highlights:
Cut cash burn in half. They have more than a year of cash at current burn.
• Cash & Equivalents: $81.8M
• Revenue: $20.4M, +114% YoY
• ARR: $98.1M, +117% YOY
• Net Loss: $(21.8)M vs. $(56.1)M YoY
• Adj. EBITDA: $(8.4)M vs. $(11.5)M YoY

Third quarter 2022 revenue increased 114% year-over-year to a record $20.4 million, achieving the high end of guidance. This was driven by new customer additions as well as increased adoption by existing customers.
As of September 30, 2022, annual recurring revenue (ARR) was $98.1 million, an increase of $12.8 million sequentially and 117% year-over-year, indicating the continued success of our land and expand strategy.
Third quarter GAAP operating loss was $16.4 million and non-GAAP operating loss1 was $11.4 million as we continued to execute on our path to profitability.
Net cash used in operating activities in the third quarter was $10.2 million, a 53% year-over-year improvement, which was driven by continued top line growth and our leveraged business model.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CPI under expectations. Jobless above estimates. Market rallies hard. Going to be interesting, as this is the first real progress shown. Are people trimming profits and setting up shorts again, or will a real bid come in and finally take us over the $SPY 390 major pivot level? Stay tuned.

**Crazy seeing crypto spiking all around on CPI print. That may have an ugly resolution the way things are playing out with FTX.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CPI under expectations. Jobless above estimates. Market rallies hard. Going to be interesting, as this is the first real progress shown. Are people trimming profits and setting up shorts again, or will a real bid come in and finally take us over the $SPY 390 major pivot level? Stay tuned.

**Crazy seeing crypto spiking all around on CPI print. That may have an ugly resolution the way things are playing out with FTX.
Shorts about to feel some pain. Doubly so if they are short growth/tech.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Numbers:

08:30 *(US) OCT CPI M/M: 0.4% V 0.6%E; Y/Y: 7.7% V 7.9%E (annual pace below lower-end of all analysts' expectations and records its 4th straight decline)
- CPI (ex-food/energy) M/M: 0.3% v 0.5%e; Y/Y: 6.3% v 6.5%e
- CPI Index NSA: 298.012 v 298.488e
- CPI Core (seasonally adj): 299.471 v 300.094e

08:30 *(US) INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS: 225K V 220KE; CONTINUING CLAIMS: 1.49M V 1.49ME

• 1Like