Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Glub, glub, glub

1670593470727.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We'd need more than a 12.5% increase from today for me to lose (4465 S&P 500). The alternative would be a 25.8% drop (2947), which seems even more unlikely.

Oldbased

> Than U
I had an "offer" come in the mail today at 39.99% I think it was. Straight into the trash, like all the rest. See I don't keep credit cards other than a Shell, a Amazon, a home Depot and a Firestone. Fuel, cat shit with cash back rewards, bird seed! and in case I blow a tire between my commutes from Tucky to Florida. Otherwise a bank card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had an "offer" come in the mail today at 39.99% I think it was. Straight into the trash, like all the rest. See I don't keep credit cards other than a Shell, a Amazon, a home Depot and a Firestone. Fuel, cat shit with cash back rewards, bird seed! and in case I blow a tire between my commutes from Tucky to Florida. Otherwise a bank card.
I am 100% on the Amex Blue Cash Rewards. No annual fee and 1.5% back on everything. Pay it off every month. Just cashed in about $900 in rewards last week. Amex also occasionally has some really nice, specific cash back offers each month.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I do the Citi card from Costco. Put everything I can on it and never carry a balance. Reward rate varies based on what you spend on. For our patterns we get 1.5-2% back net, which is ~$1000 a year cash after paying for our Costco membership.

20% APR? Jesus fuck.

• 2Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazon prime card myself. 5% back from Amazon and wholefoods. 2% on most other things. I usually net a couple hundo a month in cash back (that I put right back into Amazon and whole foods, ofc)

• 2Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never understood why people use half a dozen or more cards. I simply have a Chase Sapphire Reserve (we travel a lot) and basically use it for every last transaction you can think of. I’ve got some random Signature Platinum card as a backup in case there’s ever a problem with the Chase card. There never is.

Coolest thing about the Chase is I can literally bounce all over the world and never have to inform the bank. Just grab a passport and go. No travel notifications, no international fees, etc.

Probably not the best card if you’re not a frequent traveler.

AmEx does have some nice offers, but there are a heck of a lot of places that don’t accept it. (They charge nearly twice the fees on the merchant vs Visa / Mastercard, so you can’t blame them.)

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Never understood why people use half a dozen or more cards. I simply have a Chase Sapphire Reserve (we travel a lot) and basically use it for every last transaction you can think of. I’ve got some random Signature Platinum card as a backup in case there’s ever a problem with the Chase card. There never is.

Coolest thing about the Chase is I can literally bounce all over the world and never have to inform the bank. Just grab a passport and go. No travel notifications, no international fees, etc.

Probably not the best card if you’re not a frequent traveler.

AmEx does have some nice offers, but there are a heck of a lot of places that don’t accept it. (They charge nearly twice the fees on the merchant vs Visa / Mastercard, so you can’t blame them.)
I use Chase for my business cards. The Ink cash back cards are solid.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume if you're using multiple cards it's to try to push past the 800 credit score hump

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I assume if you're using multiple cards it's to try to push past the 800 credit score hump
The funny part is its not the number of accounts but the credit used ratio. So people tend to have more cards since each card adds to the available credit thus lowering the total credit used ratio. If you pay off balance every month your ratio used is effectively zero.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user