Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Premarkets pretty much all green with the exception of Tesla down another >2%. Sitting at $120 this morning.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I always max it, but over the course of the year. If you max it in three months, you are tossing 9 months of matching funds in the trash, which is next level tarded.
da fuq kind of company? the max is for employee contributions, stop spreading fake news. If your employer is doing this they are wrong and for everyone else in normal land the contribution limits are for employee elected deferrals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
da fuq kind of company? the max is for employee contributions, stop spreading fake news. If your employer is doing this they are wrong and for everyone else in normal land the contribution limits are for employee elected deferrals.
It's a small employer you may have never heard of that totally nobody else copies carte blanche for their policies on these things, the US Federal Government.

• 1Picard

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Without some special impetus, I dont see it hitting it today but AAPL should be considered a buy for some of you looking to the long term in the $123/$124 range for an initial starter position. Good chance it hits this range this week. 5-yr chart below. I will most likely be adding some here even though I am overweight.

1672154022805.png

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tesla $112 and falling. Another >8% down day on the name.
Not to bring politics in but this is what happens when you take on the US Govt. The slowdown in production matters but the hits are just coming from there and the shorts are piling in on top.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a slew of headwinds aside from Elon putting his foot in his mouth. Just looking a bit macro, you have a company that was significantly overvalued by any measure. Now, heading into a recession with interest rates at decades long highs. Forget Tesla or EVs, how is the consumer outlook for jumping into a big pile of debt at high interest with recession on the horizon? The demand side destruction has to have some impact. Then you factor their insane PE vs competitors and it had to rebalance at some point.

On top of that, I see their lead being diminished day by day. Other manufacturers are quickly catching up and make objectively higher quality cars. I'd take an EV German car over a Tesla any day.

I will say that the one thing Tesla has going for it is the supercharging network. No one is close on this, but Tesla have already rolled out a pilot program for non-Teslas to access their charge networks. I am not sure how much revenue that charge network can pull in, but it seems to be the last bit of "moat" that company has.

TLDR: Valuation matters and the macro consumer headwinds are finally being priced in.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's a slew of headwinds aside from Elon putting his foot in his mouth. Just looking a bit macro, you have a company that was significantly overvalued by any measure. Now, heading into a recession with interest rates at decades long highs. Forget Tesla or EVs, how is the consumer outlook for jumping into a big pile of debt at high interest with recession on the horizon? The demand side destruction has to have some impact. Then you factor their insane PE vs competitors and it had to rebalance at some point.

On top of that, I see their lead being diminished day by day. Other manufacturers are quickly catching up and make objectively higher quality cars. I'd take an EV German car over a Tesla any day.

I will say that the one thing Tesla has going for it is the supercharging network. No one is close on this, but Tesla have already rolled out a pilot program for non-Teslas to access their charge networks. I am not sure how much revenue that charge network can pull in, but it seems to be the last bit of "moat" that company has.

TLDR: Valuation matters and the macro consumer headwinds are finally being priced in.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying the world isnt catching up to TSLA, I was just saying he is throwing gas on the inferno with the Twitter files

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just in case:

Important dates for 2022 year end

The last day to sell long stock and option positions for tax year 2022 will be Friday, December 30th.

Short stock and short option positions generally use settlement date on closing trades instead of trade date for tax purposes.

The last day to buy to cover short stock positions for tax year 2022 will be Wednesday, December 28th.

The last day to buy to close short option positions for tax year 2022 will be Thursday, December 29th.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of surprised we're not doing a 2023 prediction contest. Seems like it'd be a lot more interesting than the last one after the year we've had.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apple taking a hit on circulations of iPhone 14 sales issues.

Share price currently breaking the year's lows. This has some weight in indexes and can really drag us down if it wants to unwind.

I put an order in to add at $124