Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Roughly 40k contracts entered ITM in the $4 to $5 range.

The Dr ordered exercise.
Dice Vegas GIF by The Weeknd

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA

Nvidia Surges To Hit This Bellwether — Will The Stock Confirm A Bull Cycle?
Nvidia tagged the 200-day SMA on Thursday afternoon and was attempting to regain the level as support.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mentioned a while back they have seen a big rise in MS and MX new car inventories in the US. They had focused production exclusively on the plaid models, which were 135k-160k. Looking at their latest inventories they are now finally making non-plaid MS and MX models. This is about a 25k price reduction at retail.

The other thing to look at is all the price increases they have jammed in over the last two years. Not just on cars but on self-driving. FSD was a $6k add-on less than 2 years ago. Its now $15k. The price reduction was needed to deal with inventory builds as people are basically priced out of the cars when you factor price increases with higher interest rates. CPO Teslas are now averaging 7.49% interest rates on cars that are $60k and higher.

If by some chance we see TSLA crack the $100 range I will add a little bit more. I only have about 2/3rds of a full position in it. I have been taking extremely small bits on downturns.

Specific price cut info:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
From the article i posted:

View attachment 452863
I'm sort of tempted to buy one since my MX is in the last year of warranty. I'm curious if they slashed trade-in values. Assuming they did, this new car price drop doesnt have much impact for the consumer if they also slashed trade-in value. That $7500 tax credit is tasty looking though.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
These are base model prices? How much more do you need to spend to get an actual cool Tesla?
Most Tesla dont have additional features. They are baked in. The real addons are range (standard range vs long range) and full self driving.

Its not like a Ford or Chevy that has 5 tiers of various added shit that should have been included to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What is the bull case at this point?
Margins. TESLA runs 35-40% margins on their cars. Legacy automakers are close to 10% on ICE cars. Their margins are worse for EV. Legacy need to cut their EV prices to take market share now. Also Tesla raise prices insanely the last couple of years during the "supply shortage" period. These price cuts just sort of knock back some of the recent price increases. Also Tesla still charging 15k for Full Self Driving on every one one of these discounted cars. In 2020 FSD was $6k.