Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It took a year of holding and dollar cost averaging but my JPM stake is now in the green. Starting a position in January of 2022 was really shitty timing on my part.

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It just reiterates time in the market beats timing the market
And something Jysin Jysin preaches which is dont invest in big gulps. Use small tranches and make sure the stock is going to the correct direction. If your analysis was wrong, you can wait and average at support levels.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
the cult of Elon?

That train has been derailed by TWTR.

Margins. TESLA runs 35-40% margins on their cars. Legacy automakers are close to 10% on ICE cars. Their margins are worse for EV. Legacy need to cut their EV prices to take market share now. Also Tesla raise prices insanely the last couple of years during the "supply shortage" period. These price cuts just sort of knock back some of the recent price increases. Also Tesla still charging 15k for Full Self Driving on every one one of these discounted cars. In 2020 FSD was $6k.

Margins are now contracting.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
S&P kissing 4000

edit:

1673643696090.png

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
XII was the funniest one to me, and really shows how fucking terrible 2022 was. Cash was the 2nd best performing asset, despite 9.1% inflation (and yes, I know it says T-Bills, but still).
Hopefully I saved all of us by predicting a 15% drop in the S&P this year in the predict thread. Since I was so wrong in 2022, hopefully I am just as wrong in 2023.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users