Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
NCLH down 12% on earnings. Rip Shonuff
Anecdotal observation. Friends went on NCL cruise a few weeks ago. Ship was horribly understaffed. Multiple bars never opened the entire week. Room wasn't made up a couple of nights. Total experience was subpar.

• 1WTF
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
edit: rates ripping so hard, we’re going to have to start calling them ronks 📈
Ronks :emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend: are so high that Fidelity is now running front-page adds for a core position.

1677603951089.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Now we get 2% swings at least once a week.

VIX says no volatility though!
Sometimes I wonder if you guys live in some alternate dimension from me and it's only this forum that connects us.

In my dimension there are have only been three days this year up or down 2% or more, and a lower vix reflecting that, what's going on in yours? At least 2% days every week? That must be nuts.

VIX has become seriously detached from the markets in my opinion. Im not sure how/if valuable it is to bother looking at anymore.

Yes it has it's been too high...just in my world though, in the world of feels I guess it's different
Capture.JPG

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Sometimes I wonder if you guys live in some alternate dimension from me and it's only this forum that connects us.
This would explain so much across the various forums on this board. You sir are a fucking genius. FOH is like a nexus that connects the various dimensions of the multiverse.

computers eureka GIF by South Park

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

In my dimension there are have only been three days this year up or down 2% or more, and a lower vix reflecting that, what's going on in yours? At least 2% days every week? That must be nuts.

Yes it has it's been too high...just in my world though, in the world of feels I guess it's different
View attachment 460945
adam savage mythbusters GIF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>

View attachment 460945
"But the numbers feel big."

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also this morning, German CPI print hotter v expected m/m and y/y.

*(DE) GERMANY FEB PRELIMINARY CPI M/M: 0.8% V 0.5%E; Y/Y: 8.7% V 8.5%E

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users