Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1678494549642.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zzen

Potato del Grande
This dumb fucking bitch has collected $300M in fees to suck dick at picking stocks worse than I do 😂

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Right, I know what a straddle is. I'm wondering if one buys a straddle with enough time (I was doing 6 months out), is the success rate fairly high? Obviously, if a stock goes sideways for 6 months you're screwed. But the odds of that, especially in this environment, is unlikely.
Speaking only for myself, I only use straddles/strangles on ultra-short timeframes. Things like earnings reports and Fed meetings. This leaves me with almost no time value to pay for.

Going that far out you are paying the cost of the time value and eating the decay on top of the risk of not enough price movement to generate a profit. At least that is my view. You seem to be doing well at it though. Perhaps others have a different viewpoint on it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Best response I saw in the comments of an article today. "If I was the JP Morgan CFO I would be trying to run down Cramer with my car".

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Best response I saw in the comments of an article today. "If I was the JP Morgan CFO I would be trying to run down Cramer with my car".
It is surprising a stooge like Cramer has continued to exist in current trading environment.

Boomers gonna boomer.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., which has been appointed as SVB’s receiver, only insures bank deposits of up to $250,000. But a large share of the money deposited at SVB was uninsured: more than 93% of domestic deposits as of Dec. 31, according to a regulatory filing.

^^ Ouch! ^^

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., which has been appointed as SVB’s receiver, only insures bank deposits of up to $250,000. But a large share of the money deposited at SVB was uninsured: more than 93% of domestic deposits as of Dec. 31, according to a regulatory filing.

^^ Ouch! ^^
That 93% isnt wiped out though. Probably a 15-20% loss for those accounts at a minimum though assuming FDIC can unwind SIVBs assets in a timely manner.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So we're basically almost back to even for the year. We've wiped out what was a 9% rally to start the year.

Shit is no good.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Seeing David Sacks crying for a bailout makes me want to see more banks fail.

Cull the weak.

Fuck these motherfuckers. Bailouts mean that every single taxpayer is going to foot the bill for a bank's poor management instead of just the people who CHOSE to bank there? US COMPANIES ARE NOT OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT AND SHOULD GET NO MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

I swear most people think that investing comes with the risk that you might only make 4% a year instead of 15% a year. The idea of losing money in investments just doesn't even register.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like the comment thread, "Of course you can't trust a Gentile to run the bank well"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Okay deleting paragraph actually explaining SVB shit, easier to just say I hate you all. Keep letting social media, full of the dumbest people with the loudest voices, do your thinking I'm sure you'll do great financially.

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule can you free me from my prison already?

QQQ expired worthless sold new for next week. Most contracts in the 276-282 strike range
4 SPY put contracts ended in the money rolled them near the close to next fri and down $10/sh for even. I could get caught out on these 4 contracts if the pace of the decline accelerates Not the end of the world if I end up with $152,000 in spy @ $380 but would rather avoid right now given look of charts.

My fundamental read continues to be bearish, while recently the technical read was bullish. Technical read took a serious hit this week, so it can be easy to become overly negative when the technicals align with my "feelings". Will continue as always to just try to adapt to what I see in front of me. The past only tells us something about probabilities. If we do go back and violate lows it will make perfect sense to me in that I have been looking for it for so long, but as far as past markets it will certainly be an interesting outlier that would have technical ramifications far into the future when looking at market cycles.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
IF Cramer & SVB cause MOASS, I will personally donate the funds to run this server for 1 year.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Okay deleting paragraph actually explaining SVB shit, easier to just say I hate you all. Keep letting social media, full of the dumbest people with the loudest voices, do your thinking I'm sure you'll do great financially.
If you dont mind DM what you wrote. Im curious on your explanation. My understanding is they were basically borrowing short and holding long. So bunch of their holdings (my reading is lots of MBS and long dated bonds) were very low interest rates while they were continuing to borrow at a continuingly rising rate. For liquidity they had to sell lotso bonds that were upside down and ate about a $1.8b haircut. This spooked investors and it was a perfect storm of shitty timing on this part since they did this at nearly the same time they had released ugly earnings. My biggest question is how leadership didn't see this problem coming 6-9 months ago and try to pivot then. I guess they dont read FOH because we saw it coming.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users