Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My mineral rights production is now 20% of production which is all gas now. Sucks.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This is possibly the dumbest post I’ve seen in a while in this thread. If you think pro traders are out there alt-tabbing, you’re impossibly ignorant.

I’ve got 4x 27” monitors and I’ve been itching for another two. I’ve an entire monitor dedicated to macro charts (SPY, TICK, QQQ, US02Y/10Y, USO, etc). Another monitor with what I am trading broken into multiple timeframes, with a couple private trade room chats scrolling on the side. Another monitor scrolling TradetheNews feed and squawk, typically with Bloomberg or CNBC muted in the background, as well as a Bookmap chart. The final screen entirely dedicated to the 3 brokers I am using. (Lightspeed for quick Daytrades, ToS for swings and options, Fidelity ATP for IRA / 401k trading.

There are far crazier setups out there than mine.
Not to mention in my work, I live and die in presentations delivered over Zoom. One monitor has to show what my customers are seeing as I present to it, and another (not shared) contains the side channel conversations so that the other people in my company involved in these presentations can be "side feeding" me input as we go. Absolutely essential.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I'm sure these are going places. Assuming down is a place.

Butterfly Network (BFLY)
SomaLogic, Inc. (SLGC)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Been a long time since stagflation was the hot topic. Starting to hear that more and more often.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Been a long time since stagflation was the hot topic. Starting to hear that more and more often.
Talking class needs something to talk about. Throws around words but doesn't know shit.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
FtghPh1aMAAhvnp.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All you have to do is have $30 and get a measly 5% per trading day?

Where do I sign up?

And why is she so simple minded not to scrounge up more than $30 for this scam?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Shit, I knew Shonuff was black, but I didn’t know he was a fat woman 🤷‍♂️

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
It's that one of those Facebook math problems where you try to figure out what 2 carrots equals?

Borzak

Laugh now, but going off that post I'm a multi multi billionaire already from the last 35 years and never knew it.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe a parody account? Otherwise, what math even gets those numbers? I can't tell where the mistakes were made. A 5% daily compounding interest on $30, starting Jan 1, is way more than 32.92 by Jan 31. Even if you only count 20 business days in January....that's $79.60?

Edit: Playing around with the calculator, she is short changing herself. With 252 trading days in the year you get:
2023-04-13 04.11.35 www.bankrate.com b20cc501d3b6.png

Last edited:
  • 1To the Moon!

Borzak

LOL if you do daily 5 times a week you quickly get into Elon Musk money after just a few years and then rapidly into errors calculating it on a computer.

In 5 years you get into 21 zeros at 5 days a week 4% compounded daily. Yeah that's the ticket. I could pay off the debt, well of the countries and states I wanted to that I owned.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bought $30 of Dogecoin. Currently shopping around for land, an architect, and a developer to build my own personal golf course.

• 2Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Now calculate how high the inflation rate would go. Just a guess you would rapidly run into problems calculating a number that high.