Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
JPM +6% pre-market

"JPMorgan earnings of $12.6 billion were up 52% from the first quarter of 2022. Revenue of $38.3 billion was up 25% from the year-ago period."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, JPM up nicely. Lots of cash inflows during the banking turmoil. Could've swore someone mentioned that here.

(No one was taking the cash from the small regional banks and putting it under their mattresses. It had to go somewhere.)

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
JPM +6% pre-market

"JPMorgan earnings of $12.6 billion were up 52% from the first quarter of 2022. Revenue of $38.3 billion was up 25% from the year-ago period."

Welp, there is my 5% for the day! Cash me out(side)! Billion-air in no time, how bout dat?

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wrong how? 6 months back it was about $45. Before this partnership it was $66 when the partnership went live on April 2nd. It was "cratered" at $63 on April 12th, now it's back up to $65.

I'm by no means a stock genius or day trader... but $1 isn't exactly cratering after some massive blowback. Yet there's so many videos and news stories on how the brand is ruined and the they've lost billions.

I'm not arguing that the stock didn't go down, but that the coverage was heavily biased.
6 months back is irrelevant. And I never claimed they were about to file bankruptcy over it, just that you're wrong about it being up overall from before the ad campaign.
Hi Ambiturner and RonTheDude, I'm about to enact a poorly veiled attempt to get you to stop derailing the EQ thread with whatever this conversation is about.. Your take on *reads other thread* Budweiser couldn't be further from the truth. You're merely falling for the amateurs' folly of fitting stock behavior to your own personal world view. I've got a head and shoulders pert plus candlestick pattern that shows their #wokenbroke strategy paid off and using millennial lingo is the only reason they were able to bounce back to solvency. Your own misread of this situation is why you've lost money in the last ten bull markets.

• 1Like

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
Hi Ambiturner and RonTheDude, I'm about to enact a poorly veiled attempt to get you to stop derailing the EQ thread with whatever this conversation is about.. Your take on *reads other thread* Budweiser couldn't be further from the truth. You're merely falling for the amateurs' folly of fitting stock behavior to your own personal world view. I've got a head and shoulders pert plus candlestick pattern that shows their #wokenbroke strategy paid off and using millennial lingo is the only reason they were able to bounce back to solvency. Your own misread of this situation is why you've lost money in the last ten bull markets.

Ok you made me laugh... more of a chortle, but still.